How to Correct Droopy, Bulbous Nose Tip?

How can a droopy, bulbous nose tip with a large base be corrected? One of the doctors that I consulted said that he would laterally cut my cartilage and shorten the septum. The other said that he would create an umbrella like structure on my cartilage, break the nose and elevate the nose. Which one should I go for?

Correcting droopy bulbous nose tip

+1

Without seeing pictures it is really impossible to advise but what is usually necessary in what you describe is

1.) removal of intracrural fat and fibrous tissue

2.) a columellar strut for support

3.)intracrural mattress suturing to narrow and refine the tip +/- tip grafting

you likely require adjustment of the dorsum and osteotomy as well.

The best advise is to find a plastic and reconstructive surgeon that you are comfortable with and let their knowledge, experience and judgement guide you.

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Web reference: http://RianMaercksMD.com

How to Correct Droopy, Bulbous Nose Tip with Rhinoplasty surgery?

+1

There are many ways to accomplish your goals and correct the bulbous, droopy tip.  The techniques should not matter as much as the comfort level you have with your surgeon and his/her work.   Look at many before/after pictures/videos and see if any resemble your type of nose.  

Bulbous, Droopy Nasal Tip

+1

Although I understand what you are asking it really is not possible to answer the question. First of all the answer would depend upon the degree of the 'deformity' and secondly there frequently are many different approaches to the same problem in rhinoplasty surgery. See if your surgeon can show you photos of other patients with your similar anatomy and judge the photos. See more surgeons - particularly those specializing in nasal surgery. From your perspective it may be more important to see the results your surgeon can produce rather that how he/she actually got that result. Best of Luck

How to correct droopy, bulbous nose tip

+1

There are literally hundreds of different rhinoplasty techniques that can be performed to improve function, form, and shape of the nose to refine the tip. Typically, a droopy tip is brought upwards, a bulbous tip is made narrower, and sometimes the septum can be shortened. The nasal bones only need to be broken from the sidewalls inward if there is a wide flattop nose after a large bump has been removed. Otherwise, the nose bones do not need to be broken.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Droopy, Bulbous Nasal Tip

+1

it is difficult to answer your question because there are many causes of a droopy, bulbous nasal tip. What is done depends on the quality (stiffness) of the tip cartilages and thickness of the skin. Don't be concerned about how it is done. See experienced surgeons and look at their results in patients with similar nasal features.

Look at the surgeon's before and after pictures to help you decide.

+1

Improving the contour and shape of a droopy, round nasal tip requires surgical manuvers to reshape and reposition the cartilages that make up the tip of the nose. The details of exactly what manuvers are to be done can vary from surgeon to surgeon, so make your decision by reviewing before and after pictures of each surgeons patients.

Obviously requires all the accoutrements that usually come along with nasal surgery--a taped/splint covered nose, some nasal drainage, discomfort, swelling, etc. that may take 1-2 weeks to recover. It may, or may not resultant in bruising though. If it is just the tip, the surgery shouldn't be too hard on you and should be very satisfying.

Sacramento Facial Plastic Surgeon

Correction of a droopy bulbous nose

+1

It sounds as if both are correct. You would likely need and open rhinoplasty with cartilage resection and tip rotation with reduction in projection. This may destabilize the tip and you would likely benefit from batton grafts to prevent warping or contraction with deformity during the healing process as well as to maintain the rotated and elevated position of the nasal tip.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/rhinoplasty.html

It depends on the surgeon and the extent of the surgery.

+1

Forget about the technique each describes. What is important is they should be able to show you examples of their work on noses like yours that are a year after surgery. That is what is important-the result, not knowing how he got there.

Droopy, bulbous nose is not hard to correct

+1

It is hard to translate the language of one doctor to another and determine what is being said about how to correct the nose. It is possible that both surgeons are trying to explain the same thing. Correcting the nose tip is very common and a plastic surgeon that is experienced with the surgery should be able to do this type of correction. Find a surgeon that you are able to communicate with and with which you feel comfortable and this will be your best option. Make sure you are clear about what you want and this should help you get a good result.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Surgery may correct your droopy, bulbous tip.

+1

A droopy, bulbous tip is a common condition that may be repaired with Rhinoplasty Surgery. I will typically uplift and narrow a bulbous tip by trimming the lower lateral cartilages, placing a columella-strut, and sometimes shortening the septum.

You should find a qualified and experienced Rhinoplasty surgeon with many photos. You'll eventually find a surgeon that has performed successful Rhinoplasty Surgery on someone with a nose like yours.

I've attached a link to my Rhinoplasty photos for your perusal

I hope this is helpful for you.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/ProcedureNameID/90/PageID/4141

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon