Double Mastectomy and Breast Implants Cost?

Around how much would a double mastectomy and breast implants cost without insurance?

Cash mastectomy reconstruction

+1
I have the pleasure of helping out several ladies in the situation. Because of the constraints in pricing for a staged operation all surgery's need to be considered when quoting this procedure.  I have performed bilateral mastectomy's with direct to implants techniques or reduction pattern techniques and tissue expander is that occasionally might be donated to charities and have used surgery centers that will use pricing by the hour as opposed to print the procedure with excellent results and very reasonable prices.  Typically I'd involve an anesthesiologist familiar with cash pricing and purchase exparel for the postoperative discomfort.  The patients will stay overnight at a hotel and are carefully selected but I have found people to travel from all over the United States and Canada to have this procedure done as a cash operation for various reasons.

Cost of breast reconstruction

+1
In Canada, all aspects of breast reconstruction are typically covered by the provincial health insurance.  This includes surgery to the contralateral breast to improve symmetry.

Rodger Shortt, FRCSC

Breast reconstruction cost

+1

If you were to have these procedures done as cash pay, the costs will certainly vary depending on your location.  Most breast reconstructions are covered by insurances, so it is difficult to give a "cost" for this procedure.  Things to factor in for the reconstructive standpoint will be the facility fee, anesthesia fee, hospital stay fee (if postoperative stay is required), surgeon fee, implant cost, other fees (e.g., acellular dermal matrix cost, pain pump, surgical garment, etc.)  It would behoove you to get quotes on this and discuss with your surgeon cost as an aesthetic procedure.  I imagine that the prices listed by the others here are not unreasonable to expect.  Good luck!

Lewis Albert Andres, MD

MAstectomy and implant fees

+1

The fees will certaily vary around the country, but just for the plastic surgery procedure, figure in NYC it could run about $10,000 - $15,000 for the two breasts

Cost of breast reconstruction

+1

There is no set price for double mastectomy and implant-based reconstruction.  Because these procedures are normally covered by insurance, there is no set price from surgeons.  The cost will vary by regions as well as surgeons.  without insurance, you have to pay for hospital cost, anesthesia fee, implant cost, breast surgeon and plastic surgeon's fee.

Sugene Kim, MD

Costs of Double Mastectomy and Reconstruction

+1

As you probably know, insurance must cover post mastectomy reconstruction with the diagnosis of breast cancer. Now with the breast cancer gene BRCA testing, I have not seen insurance companies deny treatment without the definitive diagnosis. If you were to pursue a bilateral mastectomy and reconstruction as self-pay, the biggest chunk of the huge price tag would NOT be from your docs. This would come from the Hospital for their operating room and anesthesia fees and the inpatient hospital stay.

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Cost of mastectomy with implant reconstruction

+1

I am not sure that there is any set fee. Furthermore depending on the reasons for the mastectomy, you may have a general surgeon and plastic surgeon join efforts or just a plastic surgeon perform the combined procedure. Fees would include OR, implants (and possibly expanders), anesthesia, supplies, in addition to surgeon's fees.

I can't imagine this would run any less than $8,000 and could run up to 20,000 or more.

Cost of surgery-shop around

+1

Since there are no set fees for this type of procedure you should shop around. You may find a significant difference based on many factors including the plastic surgeon doing both parts of the surgery vs two surgeons, differences in facility and anethesia fees and how willing the surgeon is to negotiating a price.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Double mastectomy and breast implants cost

+1

In Miami the cost inclusive of hospital fees and surgical team is around $20,000. The team is a general or mastectomy surgeon and a plastic surgeon.

Best of Luck!

Costs of implants and mastectomy surgery in Tampa

+1

I can't tell you what these costs might be but you could call Dr. Eberbach's office in Tampa and ask.  Roughly, costs for double mastectomy, anesthesia, facility, plastic surgery reconstruction without insurance will exceed $20,000 I suspect. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS