Does Tazorac Get Rid of Wrinkles?

Will Tazorac Cream ((tazarotene) work like botox and get rid of my forehead lines and wrinkles?

Tazorac for Forehead Wrinkles

+2

Tazorac is a retinoid. Retinoids thin the outer dead cell layer of skin, giving the skin a shine or glowing appearance. Retinoids also increase the collagen content in the dermis, thus minimizing fine lines and wrinkles. Botox, on the other hand relaxes the muscles whose contractions cause wrinkles. I believe that Botox works best for treating and possibly preventing forehead wrinkles. Although Tazorac may give you improvement if your forehead wrinkles are not deep, I think it works best on fine lines such as those under the eyes.

Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon

Wrinkle Creams

+1

Tazorac and Retin-A are both tiopical Vitamin AZ derivatives that are used to help minimize fine lines and wrinkles.  Both of these are helpful, but not miracle workers.  The Vitamin A derivatives often help with irregular pigmentation as well. 

Jonathan Crane, DO
Wilmington Dermatologist

Tazorac + SPF for sun damage, Botox/Dysport for wrinkles

+1

Most patients need both Botox for dynamic wrinkles and Tazorac for the discolored, blotchy skin from sun damage. Temporal atrophy responds best to Sculptra, and Total FX is a great wrinkle reducer (results last years if you use SPF after).

As you can see, there are lots of options for non-surgical skin rejuvenation, so talk to your board certified dermatologist for the best options to make your skin look younger.

Mary Lupo, MD
New Orleans Dermatologist

No

+1

While Tazarac is a great product, and I think everybody who has enlisted in the war against skin aging should be on a Retinoid ( unless they intend/are pregnant), it will do little for forehead wrinkles.

BOTOX or Dysport would be far and away  a better choice.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Tazorac for wrinkles? Not so much.

+1

Dear King2

Tazorac is in the Retinoids family (like Retin A). It is FDA approved for controlling acne. Renova is FDA approved for line improvement but the lines we are talking about are microscopic lines not the visible types of lines that we all find annoying. So yes Tazorac probably does cause a similar "line" improvement like Renova but it is not to beat the drum. However, there is evidence that these products undoes some daily sun damage and in general these are good products to build into an over all skin care program including a gentle skin cleanser, a sun screen, and a good combination of facial moisturizers.

And Tazorac does not work like BOTOX. BOTOX is a neurotoxin that prevents unwanted muscle contraction. Retinoids are not neurotoxins. Rather they work by thickening the outer skin layers which acts to subtly reduce the lines that develop as the skin thins.