Does SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic Really Deliver Maximum Anti-aging Results?

i saw that the #1 skin care product at skin store is the $138 C E Ferulic serum.  It's called a revolutionary topical antioxidant combination that "provides unprecedented 8 times the skin's natural photoaging protection." Would you recommend using C E Ferulic for anti-wrinkle results ?

SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic: Good Product

+4

Skin Ceuticals C E Ferulic is a fantastic product. It combines the power of vitamin C and E along with Ferulic acid and doubles the level of anti-oxidant power that just Cand E would have alone. If you block the free radicals and protect the skin from damage you are doing wonders for your skin when it comes to fighting the aging process. We now know the importance of anti-oxidants and uses them along with sunscreen is diffently a way to slow down the skins aging process.

Studies at the esteemed Duke University Dermatology Department showed that the addition of ferulic stabilized Vitamin C. Vitamin C is a tricky compound to keep stable otherwise so this is welcome news.

Phloretin CF, another Skinceuticals product, is an excellent antioxidant for someone who has hyperpigmentation spots and oilier skin. For normal skin and dry skin C E Ferulic is superior.

Virginia Beach Dermatologist

Does SkinCeuticals C E Ferulic really deliver maximum anti-aging results?

+2

Be careful - making wrinkles look better is not the same as an anti-aging claim!! Topical products can make "claims" that device companies cannot = different level of standards. This can lead to consumer confusion. I have heard many times.... "it's only costs "X" amount and if it works, I can avoid a more costly treatment / surgery, etc."

There are many products that make "claims" about anti-aging. Many products can help reduce the appearance of winkles. The real question - is this a temporary fix or is it a solution and is the consumer OK with a temporary fix? Do I have to continue to use the product or has it solved my concern? Don't all people with skin wrinkle / aging concerns prefer solutions vs. temporary fixes?? Regarding the last, the answer is NOT based on the number of products out there and the lack of long term data demonstrating effectiveness.

Here is my question to all types of lotions and topical skin care lines - OK, the cost is relatively low compared to a surgical procedure but.... am I really stopping the aging process.... what if I stop using the product, do I go back to the wrinkle level I would have been if I never used the product... worse yet, would the wrinkle issue be worse? What if I forget to use the product for a few nights? The before and after pictures look great - are these from a controlled study... are the after pictures over exposed.... is this the normal result or just an exceptional result but not the normal result??? Lot to think about but this goes to the point of your question.

The question to the manufacturers of these products should be - the technology is out there to do a longitudinal double blind study. Put the real product on one side and a placebo on the other side. Use analytical devices that can measure even pore size! Follow the patients for at least 1 year after using the product. Then if the product can REALLY provide anti-aging, this data could be published in a journal of the highest standards and ALL will applaud the effort / expense. And, the company will do very well financially.

To date, this has not happened which is why there are many products with enticing claims about anti-aging and a lot of money being spent by consumers who may not get what they "thought" they were buying = disappointment and are looking for the "next" easy solution.

Having said this, there are many consumers who are happy with this type of result / next product process - it just gets confusing when a person with higher expectations reads the marketing information based on those of lesser expectations or atypical great result.

Thanks for your question. For me, it would have been more helpful to see the wrinkles that you were concerned about on your face vs. a picture of the product.

Michael Kulick, MD

CE Ferulic from Skinceuticals

+1

It is a good product. In terms of being the best, it is a tough claim. No body can do studies to compare all the products on market and come up with a valid answer.

If you are interested in the anitoxidant protection then Idebenone (Prevage MD) is a great antioxidant.

You should try CE Ferulic for 3 months, then use Prevage MD for 3 months and compare the results. If you like them both then use them both.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon