Websites to Check Credentials of Doctors?

What websites can I go to get information on credentials of the Plastic surgeon?

Avoid the ratings web sites when evaluating a docotr

+3

As Dr. Placik has provided, the ASPS web site includes all Board Certified Plastic Surgeons.

I would strongly encourage you to avoid the web sites like RateMDs.com and Vitals.com as these have a mission to destroy doctor's reputations by posting unsubstantiated reviews of doctors. I have even recently been assaulted by a rival office claiming to be a patient of mine! There is even a web site specifically designed to destroy the finest rhinoplasty surgeon in America by a single unhappy patient. So take what negative you see on these sites with a huge grain of salt.

Credential Websites/Links to Check Plastic Surgeon Credentials

+1

The below internet links are those that can be used to search for plastic surgeons that are board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, as well as knowing that they must adhere to ethical medical practice and have qualified by additional standards to be members.They include the American Society of Plastic Surgery and the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.

Larry S. Nichter, MD, MS, FACS

Checking out your plastic surgeon

+1

There are many different methods to evaluate your plastic surgeon. Referrals from other physicians and satsified patients that you know is another very important and valuable tool. I am attaching links to the American Board of Medical Specialties as well as the American Society of Plastic Surgeons:

http://www.abms.org/Who_We_Help/Consumers/

http://www.plasticsurgery.org/Patients_and_Consumers/Choose_Your_ASPS_Member_Surgeon/How_to_Choose_a_Plastic_Surgeon.html

Plastic Surgeon Credentials

+1

You can go the American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS), which would tell you if your plastic surgeon is board certified. If you dont find him or her on this site, they the is a high likelihood that they are not board certified.

You can also go the medical board website in your state to check the licensure status of the physician you are seeking.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD