Do You Suggest Botox for Chin Dimpling Both Sides Underneath Mouth?

Im 44 and have aging skin doctor suggested co2 laser and like 6 areas botox including mouth and chin area not fond of that i want to be able to smile. My main concern is the dimpling under my mouth.

Botox for chin dimpling.

+1

Hi!

This is a great use for Botox.  Precision in the location of the injections is important.  We use 3 units on each side of the chin, and in a few days, the dimpling is usually gone.

Do you suggest botox for chin dimpling both sides underneath mouth?

+1

Absolutely!!

i have done this many times.  The key is to make sure you do not go too high - just keep the Botox in the lower chin area.

You may not need CO2 resurfacing - just try the Botox.  If you need more both you and your doctor will know!!

Michael Kulick, MD

Botox and dimpling of the chin

+1

Botox is done for dimpling in the chin. Ask your doctor to be conservative as you can always get more units if it's not effective, rather than finding out on your first treatment that you had too much for your muscles. You don't want to have problems pronouncing some letters. Musicians who play wind instruments or singers should be very careful.

Ronald Shelton, MD

Botox works well for chin dimpling

+1

If you have chin dimpling that resembles the skin of an orange (peau d'orange) then small amounts of botox administered to the mentalis muscle will work well to smoothe the area.

Min S. Ahn, MD
Westborough Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox for Chin Works Great

+1

If you have dimpling on the chin, Botox injected directly into that area (mentalis muscle) works very well.

If you inject it around lips, you have to be very cautious as it can effect smile, speech and eating.

Regards

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Botox is often used for dimpling of the chin

+1

I would need to see you to answer your question appropriately. Botox works by paralyzing muscle. When placed correctly, in the right muscle groups it should not and will not interfere with smiling. When placed into the chin muscle, called the mentalis muscle, it helps eliminate the puckering and dimpling people sometimes have.

Kari L. Colen, MD