How to Get Rid of Butt Dimples?

I want to get rid of dimples on my butt. Now at 31, I'm surprised I have dimples on my butt. What type of treatment is recommended to have a smooth looking behind, worthy of showing in a bikini?

Butt Dimples is a form of cellulite that is treatable

"Butt Dimples" is a form of cellulite that is treatable. 90% of woman have cellulite and the other 10% think they do. Cellulite is a normal female characteristic but can be unsightly. It is not curable but it IS treatable. There are a number of cellulite treatments that have been proven to improve the appearance: SmoothShapes, Velashape, Triactive are a few of the scientifically proven treatments. A more drastic treatment is surgical subcision. This procedure performed under local anesthesia improves butt duimples and cellulite. Subcision is the only treatment that works in one session but the healing process can take a few weeks before you would show off the results to "close friends."

San Diego Dermatologic Surgeon

How to Achieve Dimple-free Buttocks

Dimples on your buttocks indicate that you’ve got cellulite. Cellulite normally occurs in areas with fat accumulation, such as the buttocks, thighs, flanks, abdomen, and upper legs Furthermore, it is estimated that 85% - 90% of all women over 20 have some degree of cellulite. But don’t despair. There are a number of treatments available that can reduce or even eliminate cellulite. .

One treatment that I’ve seen produce excellent results is Venus Legacy, a new body contouring protocol that is especially effective for eliminating cellulite in the buttocks. This non-surgical treatment has been proven to destroy fat, break down cellulite, and tighten skin. Typically, patients see tighter skin, a loss of inches, and a smoothing of cellulites dimples in as 2 or 3 treatments. However, it will take 8-10 treatments to see optimal results, depending on the severity of the cellulite.

Hal Michael Bass, MD

Cellulite treatment

One of the most effective treatments for cellulite I have used is a combination of mechanical subcission and skin tightening. . This is done with radio frequency technology in conjunction with sculpting and contouring using liposuction. Many times women need some scuplting in certain area of excess fat , lifting and tightening, as well as cellulite reduction and smoothing out the areas. It allows a plastic surgeon to address specific concerns in specific areas to achieve the patient's goals. Non surgical techniques in my opinion usually requires multiple treatments and is not as effective in addressing the anatomical cause of the condition. 

Cheri Ong, MD

Buttock dimples - try Sculptra

I have been very pleased with Sculptra as a way to fill out buttock or hip indentations. I find that the procedure requires little to no downtime and is office based. I have done minor dimples, hip indentations to full buttock augmentations using Sculptra, albeit the latter is for people who want a modest augmentation and with little fat to donate. At times, if the indentation is associated with a scar, then subcision or a scar release may also be warranted.
Alternatively, fat grafting is a great option, but does have more downtime and requires you have enough fat to donate.

Cellulaze is a minimally invasive treatment that uses a laser probe inserted through tiny incisions under the skin. The laser energy is delivered to the deep surface of the skin to tighten the skin and release the bands that cause dimples. It is probably the most effective cellulite treatment on the market today. Your results will depend on the physicians understanding and experience with the technology so be sure to see a board certified physician in your area with an expertise in Cellulaze. In my practice in the Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what Cellulaze can do for them. Good luck! Dean Vistnes.

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

Thank you for your question. I would suggest Cellulaze. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Butt Dimples = Cellulite

I would recommend Cellulaze for the treatment of your persistent cellulite.  It is the only FDA-approved one time minimally invasive treatment for cellulite.  Talk to a board-certified plastic surgeon that has experience with the procedure to find out more information.  Good luck!

Robert Kratschmer, MD

Buttock Cellulite

I recommend you explore Cellulaze for treatment of buttock cellulite.  Cellulaze utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure. Best of luck!

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Cellulite on buttocks

You may want to consider Cellulaze if you have cellulite on your buttocks.  Cellulaze uses a laser under the skin to attack the anatomic causes of cellulite. It is a minimally invasive procedure that takes 1-2 hours and can be safely done  under local or just IV sedation.  It is an FDA approved treatment for cellulite and requires only one treatment.  Hope this is helpful.

Dr. Sugene Kim

Cellulaze can help make these stubborn areas smooth again. Short-pulsed high-energy laser beams are utilized beneath the skin to transmit energy in two directions to simultaneously smooth out lumpy fat cells and heat dermal tissue.  Cellulaze is great for any area of the body where a patient notices lumpy, dimpling skin.

Bruce E. Katz, MD