How to Fix New Dimple After Full Tummy Tuck?

I had a full Tummy Tuck with muscle repair with hip Liposuction three weeks ago. There were two drainage tubes on my pubic mound and got removed one week post-op.

My right side where the drainage tube was is creating a dimple-like depression (sinkhole)and would like to know how to fix this before it becomes permanent. It looks rather deforming to my pubic structures.

Fixing new dimple after full Tummy Tuck

+3

When the drain is pulled out, in a small number of patient the wound walls do not come together but are sometimes pulled deeper creating a dimpled area. Unfortunately, there is not much we can do with a drain site contracture short of allowing it to heal and mature. If once the wound is soft and mature the deformity is still there, it can be easily fixed in most cases with an office scar revision removing the depressed area and stitching the sides back together.

I hope this was helpful.

Too soon to evaluate dimples

+1

Usually these type of dimples will smooth out.  Sometimes drains will leave scars that need to be revised but this is a rarity after only being in for a week.  Your surgeon will be able to advise you if the drain sites are healing normally.  Three weeks is to soon to evaluate or panic.

Daryl K. Hoffman, MD
Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

How to help dimples after liposuction

+1

Most dimples are caused by swelling and scar tissue after Liposuction. It is important to massage the areas for 5 - 10 minutes 2 to 3 times per day until the area has been smoothed out and well healed. I believe if you are proactive, you will end up better off. If it doesn't heal well, it can be revised later.

Richard Greco, MD
Savannah Plastic Surgeon