Difference Between Invisalign and Similar Aligners?

My orthodontist told me that he does not do Invisalign aligners, but that he does a type of aligners that is very similar to Invisalign. Can you tell me what the difference is and if there are any types of special questions I should ask?

They're both the same

+1

Invisalign and ClearCorrect both use similar techniques to move the teeth.

The only difference is that they use different technology to achieve the movements.

Ask your doctor if he/she uses the latest in scanning technology called Itero scan instead of the traditional impressions for Invisalign. This is a new scanning technology that bypasses the dreaded dental impression for the fabrication of the aligners that is only available at the moment with Invisalign.

Good luck!

Rockville Orthodontist

Invisalign has been around the longest and most research done

+1

The Invisalign system has been around for over 12 years and they have the most research as well as product development than any of their competitors.

Depending on what system is used, Invisalign or Clear Correct, the difference can be in the computer software and technology of the products as well as the pricing.

Other systems, such as Red, White and Blue, or Simpli-5, move the teeth on the actual model (vs. a computer simulation).

All of these products can work well when used in the hands of a properly trained professional with experience and the proper case selection. If your case involves more than minor tooth movement, I would recommend Invisalign.

Gabriela Hricko, DDS
New York Orthodontist

Competition is a good thing

+1

When Align started, they were the only company out there. It was not a new concept, but a much more "High Tech" version than before. Other companies started, including Clear Correct, that are very similar. Another company, Bioliners, is similar. This usually means a savings to the dentist and passed on to the consumer.

All methods work, some more efficient, some more comfortably, etc. If your orthodontist has experience with the Align alternative and has had success, I would not hesitate to use them. It comes down to trust, and if you feel you are in good hands, you likely are.

Lance Timmerman, DMD
Seattle Cosmetic Dentist