Difference Between Invisalign and Similar Aligners?

My orthodontist told me that he does not do Invisalign aligners, but that he does a type of aligners that is very similar to Invisalign. Can you tell me what the difference is and if there are any types of special questions I should ask?

No difference; same technology

There seems to be some misapprehension among doctors about the difference between Invisalign, ClearCorrect, and other aligners, and they are passing this misapprehension on to patients.
I am a provider of both Invisalign and ClearCorrect. They are both the same technology - 3-dimensionally printed sequence of aligners that straighten your teeth when changed every 2-3 weeks. 
The differences lie in the marketing each company does, the lab fees they charge, and customer support they provide doctors. Depending on how each doctor has experienced these factors, you will receive a certain biased opinion from them regarding Invisalign or ClearCorrect. In reality, it's people arguing the difference between a Chevrolet and a Ford. 
That being said, what really determines the success of treatment is how competent the doctor is in achieving your desired outcome, not what brand the plastic is. If you don't know hot to drive, it really doesn't matter whether your car is a Chevy or a Ford. You should ask how the doctor plans to achieve your desired outcome. 

San Diego Cosmetic Dentist