Can Dermabrasion Help with Scar Under the Eyebrow?

What can be done about the scar under my right eyebrow? It's been there since childhood. My brother hit me in the face and head with a metal toy truck. I ended up with stitches on my scalp and this annoying scar. It's mild yet noticable. Would dermabrasion be possible? If not, what do you suggest?

Eyebrow scar and fractional co2 laser

The best hi tech solution for this scar is selective fractional co2 laser, which works well for these scars to resurface the skin. 

804 7th Street
Santa Monica, CA 90403

Dermabrasion for shallow depressed scar

Dermabrasion does not work too well for depressed scars.  What you have is a wide, shallow, depressed scar. I don't think dermarasion would make a great difference.  Filling the scar with Retylane is something I have tried on other patients with good success.  It is an easy quick solution.

A. John Vartanian, MD
Glendale Facial Plastic Surgeon

520 E. Broadway Ave.
Glendale, CA 91205

Better options than dermabrasion

Dermabrasion is a very effective technique to resurface the skin and to correct some prominent scars. The scar that you are showing is fortunately very light and not too prominent. Dermabrasion will not change the color of this scar. Your best bet is to work with a board-certified plastic surgeon who has experience in facial resurfacing and scar revision. They can closely examine the scar and review the options that are best for you.

Pat Pazmino, MD

848 Brickell Avenue
Miami, FL 33131

Dermabrasion under a scar beneath the eyebrow?

The skin surrounding the eye is quite thin and delicate making dermabrasion difficult and should only be attempted by a true expert in the technique.  I would recommend an alternative with the Activ Fx laser which works quite well, and safely in that area provided the patient is eye shields in place.

Stephen Mandy, MD
Miami Dermatologic Surgeon

555 Washington Ave
Miami Beach, FL 33139

Under Eyebrow scar

From the photo it appears that the scar "patch" is pale and depressed. Dermabrasion may only provide limited improvement for this.

We had good results with percutaneous collagen induction therapy (a.k.a. medical needling). A gentle filling could also improve the depression. I would recommend to see a plastic or facial plastic surgeon for consultation and recommendation.

I expect that you may receive multiple different treatment options.

Frank P. Fechner, MD
Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

428 Shrewsbury Street
Worcester, MA 01604