What Can Be Done About Depressed Facial Scar?

I've been using Tretenoin but seems doesn't work. I think it had worsen the scar. It has an active ingredient for producing more collagen on the skin. Meanwhile, I've tried Dermatix but still some assert that it is not good for this kind of scar so I'd also tried Mederma.

Which product is better?

I really need help because this scar had caused me a lot of trouble. I was awfully depressed about it and it affected my normal functioning. I've been hiding it for many years whenever I go out. It seems that I'm imprisoned with this scar.

Forehead scar removal

+1

I would recommend percutaneous scar release and/or scar excision and layered closure for this forehead scar. 

LaViv Cellular Therapy may Prove Beneficial in Depressed Scars

+1

I am a certified provider of LaViv cell therapy. This new treatment is FDA-approved for filling fine lines and creases in the nasolabial folds but the company (Fibrocell) is looking into LaViv for acne and other depressed scars as well, in the future. The process is simple: take three small samples of skin from behind your ear and send them to the lab to be grown in tissue culture. In three months, vials containing 5-10 millions of your own fibroblasts are sent back to the office for superficial injection. The new fibroblasts produce new collagen which is bio-identical to your missing collagen. This is repeated under there are enough new cells to correct the problem. Your skin cells are kept frozen to supply up to 12-15 vials of fibroblasts.

Edward Szachowicz, MD, PhD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Depressed scar

+1

Hello Volcom23,

Don't waste your time with the topical creams. A derm surgeon who use subcision...gently lifting up the "bound down skin" with a needle after some local anesthesia. If more correction was needed, then a volumizing filler would be applied with a needle as they are usually done.

You can get this repaired!. Good luck.

Beverly Johnson, MD
Washington DC Dermatologist