How to Get Rid of Dennie Morgan Folds on a 24 Year Old?

I have Dennie Morgan Folds under my eyes and above my eyes. Is there anyway to get rid of these? I am 24 yrs old and I don't want to have surgery. Yes I have always had Eczema, and allergies. I do not take an allergy med because the sneezing doesn't bother me like the effects on my face do. My dermatologist told me that a filler was not necessary but did not give me an alternative either. Please help, I feel so ugly because of these.

How to Gett Rid of Dennie- Morgan Folds

+1

In my experience the eye-lid areas can be one of the most challenging areas to treat. Although, fillers such as Restylane are not FDA approved for such areas, I have filled these areas with Restylane and had tremendous results for my patients. It really helps the face appear less tired and can help with the shadowing.

This area can tend to bruise very easily causing the downtime to be slightly more tedious then other areas on the face. Some patients see bruising up to a month. However, I've seen patients have results from this procedure for up to 2 years!

Also there is the option to do skin removal (upper,lower Blephroplasty) However, I have found that this approach can sometimes leave the eye area looking hollow with a "skeletal" appearance.

I hope that this information helps! Good Luck!

Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for Dennie Morgan folds

+1

There is excess skin in both the upper and lower lids, which can be removed through a blepharoplasty incision at the crease in the upper lids, and a lash line incision on the lowers. The lower incision will be closed with Histocryl tissue adhesive glue, and the uppers will be closed with very fine 6-0 fast-absorbing catgut. Also make sure your allergies and eczema are under good control. Do not place fillers around the eyelids since it is not FDA-approved for that use.

Dennis Morgan Folds

+1

The wrinkles under your eyes can be difficult to eliminate without surgery. I can think of several non surgical treatment options. A small amount of Botox may help to decrease these lines. Resurfacing the lower eyelid region with a chemical peel or laser would definitely improve and soften these lines but there would be some associated downtime up to 1 week. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon