Cost of Breast Implant Replacement?

I had Breast implants 8 years ago and I'd like to have them made smaller. How much does it cost to have my implants exchanged for a smaller size?

Implant Exchange Fees

+1

Surgical Fees vary considerablly across the country.  Implant Exchange at our facility start at $3000 + MD Anesthesia related fees.

Depends upon your surgeon and the surgery required

+1

Down-sizing breast implants can be simple or more complicated. Sometimes breast lift surgery is indicated and other times "scar" capsules must be removed. Lifts some in simpler and more complex types. The best thing for you to do is seek consultation with some qualified doctors and see what they say.

Orange Plastic Surgeon

It depends on what is required for your surgery

+1

It is not always as simple as taking out a larger implant and replacing it with a smaller one. If your tissues have stretched as a result of body changes and the implant itself you may need some form of "tightening" surgery possibly inside and outside. Make an appointment with your plastic surgeon to have them evaluate you and go over your options for care. The costs of surgeries will vary from one region to another as well.

Dr Edwards

Web reference: http://www.medwardsmd.com/plasticsurgery_questions1.html

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.