How to Correctly Apply Latisse?

Is there a video showing how to apply Latisse?

How to Correctly Apply Latisse?

+1

Latisse is initially applied daily with maximal effect typically seen at approx 16 weeks.  At any point of use if desired growth of lashes is reached application can be reduced to every second day or third day should slightly lesser growth be desired.  After removing makeup and contacts, lids should be cleansed and one drop of product is placed on applicators provided and ran across upper lid lash line.  

Regards,

Dr Quinton Chivers

How to Apply Latisse

+1

There are several videos at the Latisse.com web site so you may want to check them out. Latisse is a prescription-only solution that has been proven to stimulate the growth of eyelashes. Within two to four months, your eyelashes can become longer and thicker. Latisse is safe and is the only FDA approved treatment for growing eyelashes. Latisse is applied daily with a disposable brush which is included with the product. Latisse is gently applied along the base of the upper eyelashes. After three or four months, Latisse can be used much less frequently to maintain longer, thicker lashes. On a side note, many of my patients have successfully used Latisse to enhance the growth of their eyebrows.

Mitchell Schwartz, MD
South Burlington Dermatologic Surgeon

Latisse and how to apply it.

+1
The directions from Allergan the corporation that makes Latisse are as follows: Once nightly after you ensure your face is clean, makeup and contact lenses removed. Remove an applicator from it's tray. Then, holding the sterile applicator horizontally, place one drop of Latisse solution on the area of the applicator closest to the tip. Then draw the applicator carefully across the skin of the upper eyelid margin at the base of the eyelashes, going from the inner part of the lash line to the outer part. Blot any excess solution beyond the eyelid margin. Dispose of the applicator and repeat the process for the other eyelid. Do not apply in your eyes or to the lower lid. The process takes less then a minute and my patients have been thrilled with the results. My wife and daughter both love the product. Best regards and I hope this is helpful to you.

Michael Elam, MD

Correct application of Latisse

+1

A small amount of Latisse is applied to the skin just above the upper lid lash line. The application is very simple and the company (Allergan) provides excellent instructions. We have also found that placing a drop of Latisse into a small clean well such as a contact lens container is useful. The applicator is dipped into the Latisse in this well and then applied to the eyelid skin as mentioned. This avoids over saturation of the applicator with dripping that may occur by directly pouring the Latisse onto the applicator.

Sigmund L. Sattenspiel, MD
Freehold Facial Plastic Surgeon

Applying Latisse correctly

+1

If by CORRECTLY you mean how does ALLERGAN the company producing Latisse want you to use their product, the answer is: after removing all makeup and washing your face, use a single brush to apply a drop of Latisse to the junction of the upper eyelid and the lashes. Use another brush for the other eyelid and discard both Latisse brushes.

There are other as productive methods which are NOT endorsed by ALLERGAN but which can make your Latisse last 2-3 times LONGER. For LEGAL reasons I cannot advise you to use such methods.

Good Luck.

Applying Latisse

+1

Apply one drop on the applicator then paint the lash line with the soaked applicator to the upper lid only. you will see results in three to six weeks. At that time I tell my patients to do the application every other day as a maintainance to keep the gain in length.

Remember if the medication gets into the eye you may have a brown pimentation of the colored portion of the eye. If the medication gets on the skin of the lower lid the skin color will become darker. If that happens stop the application and the discoloration will be reveresd.