Combination Nose Job and Chin?

I severely dislike my nose and chin, they aren't very feminine to me. I would prefer a smaller chin and my nose is relatively round and bulbous. I already have a deviated septum, and the shape of my nose just makes me dislike it even more. How much would those two procedures cost? And what do you suggest?

Rhinoplasty and chin

Depending on the extent of the surgery, it may cost anywhere from $10,000 to $20,000. I would really need to examine you in person to determine the best options for you. With correction of the deviated septum it would be three procedures in total, and insurance may help for this procedure. Chin reduction is a complicated procedure, and may have to be done separately by a skilled maxillofacial surgeon. Hope this helps answer your question.

Dr. Nassif

120 South Spalding Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Chin and nasal cosmetic surgery

In assessing the nose, a trained plastic surgeon will always look at your chin also. Doing a combined procedure to benefit both areas is not uncommon. We can't tell anything about your chin without a side view but in general, chin augmentation is easier than chin reduction unless by chin reduction you mean liposuction of the neck below the chin.

You do have a boxy tip and could well improve this with a rhinoplasty and tip refinement as decribed by the other doctors.

Finally, I would encourage you to be kind to yourself and try not to "severly dislike" your features at age 19. This will only set up a lifetime of lower than ideal self esteem. Try to look to the positive about yourself at all times. Good luck!

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

1135 116th Ave. NE
Bellevue, WA 98004

Nose job and chin surgery can feminize face

According to the picture, it is not possible to tell what may or may not be needed in regards to the chin.
Rhinoplasty can refine the nose tip, narrow the nasal bridge and remove any hump that may be present. A full delivery of the lower lateral cartilages along with dome-binding suture will need to be employed to narrow and feminize the tip. The rhinoplasty can certainly narrow, feminize, and refine both the tip and mid third of the bridge and the nasal bones. However, osteotomies will need to be performed in order to do so. All these rhinoplasty techniques can be accomplished through a closed or endonasal approach under an hour-and-a-half of general anesthesia in an outpatient setting.

1101 Madison St
Seattle, WA 98104

Nose and Chin Refinement

Your nose can be narrowed and refined achieving better definition with rhinoplasty surgery. The chin should always be evaluated when considering nasal surgery. Whether chin reduction or augmentation is indicated, it is always best to do this surgery at the same time as the rhinoplasty. The cost for both operations would be about $10,000. Insurance may pay for correction of the breathing problem.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Rhinoplasty and Chin reduction together will produce a better result

Hi Kim,

For patients who have both a prominent nose and a prominent chin, correcting both can have a complimentary and more balanced result. Your nose is relatively wide and could best be addressed with an open rhinoplasty. The tip could be narrowed and refined by removing some cartilage and shaping the remaining cartilage with suture techniques.

Genioplasty (chin reduction) involves sliding back the underlying bone of the chin to decrease chin projection. The incision is in the lower gum area. The procedures can safely be performed together.

Michael D. Yates, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

303 Williams Ave. SW
Huntsville, AL 35801

Rhinoplasty and chin surgery can be done together

Rhinoplasty surgery and chin implant surgery is something that can be done together. I would do your surgery doing an open rhinoplasty technique as this would be the best way to deal with your tip. The chin implant can be done from the inside of the mouth therefore limiting the scars on the outside. The cost of the procedure would be $9500-$13000. Good Luck.

Carlos Wolf, MD
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

8940 N. Kendall Dr.
Miami, FL 33176

Rhinoplasty and genioplasty (Nose and chin)

Rhinoplasty and genioplasty are commonly performed simultaneously and often termed a profiloplasty.

Costs will vary on the extent of the procedure as well as use of implants and anesthesia. Without knowing the details I would be very vague and state that costs can run from 5-15,000.

880 W Central Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Rhinoplasty and Chin Surgery at the Same Time

Hi Kim,

Your nose can be shaped to give you a more feminine appearance. The chin is always assessed prior to nasal surgery. If it needs to be corrected it can be corrected at the same time.

The cost of the surgeries will vary depending upon the surgeon, anesthesiologist, and operating room fees, as well as on geographic location. The cost may range from $6,000 to $15,000. Insurance may pay for a part of the breathing portion of your operation.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

16311 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91436

Chin and nose

Most surgeons routinely look at the nose and the chin together.  Reducing the chin is difficult to tell from your single photo. But they can be done at the same surgery.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

The combination of both can be very dramatic and more feminizing for you.

See an experienced rhinoplasty surgeon who is familiar with feminization as well. The chin can be evaluated at the same time for possible reduction. I would need to see the profile view. Make sure the surgeon shows you long term before/after photos or better yet, live patients to evaluate how good you think his work is.

416 N Bedford Dr
Beverly Hills, CA 90210