CO2 Laser Vs Exoderm Lift for Acne Scars?

I was planning have CO2 laser treatment for my acne scars but I've read that Exoderm lift (phenol-based chemical peel) is the most effective technique. So I can't decide. Could you compare CO2 and Exoderm lift?

Chemical peels vs. subcision and fractional laser for acne scars

+1

Subcision acne scar surgery and fractional co2 laser can benefit patients with acne scars.  The phenol peels, like other deep peels, can help with surface texture and color. 

I do not feel that a phenol peel has any place in the treatment of acne scars.

+1

A combination of subcision (if appropriate) and laser consistently give by far the best results in my clinic.   Lasers are much more precise and much less likely to cause hypopigmentation.   

Mark Taylor, MD
Salt Lake City Dermatologic Surgeon