Benzoyl Peroxide or Tretinoin with Claravis Effective for Acne?

I am 41-year-old black woman. I'm currently on Claravis. The skin is less oily now but the acne is still prevalent. Would using Tretinoin cream 0.025% or  Benzoyl Peroxide cream in addition to taking Claravis benefit me?

Claravis

+1

While taking Claravis , oral isotretinoin, generic for "Accutane" , i do not recommend that you use any other anti acne treatments, i.e. no other topical medications and no other oral medications. Because of the risk profile of Claravis it is imperative that you discuss all issues on a regular basis with your dermatologist treating you with this very serious and powerful medication.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Keep up with Topicals as Tolerated

+1

Although Claravis will make your skin dry and more sun-sensitive, I feel it is a good idea to continue to use the topicals as long as your skin tolerates it. You should add a good moisturizer to enable you to persist in using the topicals, especially the tretinoin. Claravis is not great in ridding you of comedones ( blackheads and whiteheads) so you should maintain using this cream as long as you can.

Arnold R. Oppenheim, MD
Virginia Beach Dermatologist