How to Revise Chin Implant to Complement Jaw Line?

In Feb, I got a Medpor Chin implant. I am satisfied with the chin portion - but I do not like the wings that extend down my jaw (my jaw is now too wide). My face shape has changed too much. I would like to get rid of the wings. Do I have any options?

Could a dr bur down the wings? Could I have them cut off? Can the medpor implant be removed and replaced with a silicone implant or the same implant with no wings? Can you recommend any doctors who might be able to help me? Thanks!

How to revise a chin implant

+2

I am happy to tell you that you have many options. You are currently seven months post op and are in a good position to judge the outcome of the surgery. If the "wings" are too big, the implant can be shaved as it resides in the chin (fairly difficult technically), or removed and replaced (easier technically). The replacement implant can be the same one that is removed from your chin. It can be shaved and re-implanted. Alternatively, a new silastic implant can be used. Good luck.

Options for revising a chin implant

+1

If after the implantation of a Medpor chin implant and you are unhappy with the result, the implant can be removed, trimmed down, and reinserted. The other option would be just to have it completely removed and insert a Silastic/silicone implant with minimal wings so as not to make the chin too wide. This is a very common procedure done in an ambulatory surgery setting. Most of the time the implants are performed under local anesthesia but can also be performed under a general anesthesia if the patient desires to be completely asleep.