Chin Implant to Add Vertical Height on Chin?

I know that Chin Implants are not meant to correct vertical height in the chin. I have a vertically small chin. Can an implant slightly balance this problem out while improving projection, by angling the implant or something?

I do not want to get sliding genioplasty, and all I want is a little help with the vertical, lower third of my face, but mainly improvement on projection.

Chin implants add to the vertical chin projection

+2

It is possible to add vertical height to your chin by placing a chin implant. Many chin implants come shaped to be placed just at the margin of the jaw bone, and will add the vertical as well as forward projection of your chin. At the consultation we usually go over different shapes and sizes for chin implants, so discuss this with your doctor. It should help you decide on the right shape for you.

I disagree

+1

The chin must be assessed along with the nose, the jaw, and occlusion of the teeth. I also think that condiditon of ears may affect the percieved appearance of the chin.

Regarding the implant. The implants come in many sizes and configurations, and can alter projection, vertical height, and transverse dimension of the chin. They can also correct asymmetries of the chin.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

A chin implant can add vertical height

+1

A chin implant can add some vertical height.  There are a lot different manufactures of chin implants so you need to choose the right style and shape.  I would recommend a firm implant that is placed against the bone that can be firmly fixed and stay in place.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant can do that

+1

The chin augmentation procedure will add projection and length to your chin . This can be accomplished by the placing the chin implant at the jaw line.Sliding genioplasty  will add projection but will reduce the vertical length  slightly 

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Chin implant can add vertical height to chin area

+1

The typical chin implant augmentation does give 2 to 3 mm of vertical height to the chin area, even though it is giving a horizontal augmentation; it is a side effect for placing these implants. The implant can also be placed slightly inferiorly to even augment that process even more.