When is It Safe to Put Makeup on Chin Augmentation Scar?

My scar from my chin augmentation is very noticeable. At what point can I start putting concealer on it? Thank you.

Makeup on chin augment scar

+1

I recommend waiting for two days after suture removal. Then, a patient should use a soft applicator and gently over the scar area. As the scar is under the chin, there is no need for makeup in this area except perhaps to camouflage any bruising.

Okay to apply makeup after sutures from chin augmentation are removed

+1

It is safe to apply makeup to the chin augmentation scar after the sutures are removed. The incision will take several months to settle down, but as soon as the sutures are out, the incision is healed and it is acceptable at that point to start applying makeup.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Makeup on chin augmentation scar safe at about two weeks after surgery

+1

It is safe around two weeks after surgery, as you want the skin to heal first. Hope this helps answer your question.

Dr. Nassif

Safe to put makeup on chin augmentation scar after 2-3 days

+1

Theoretically, a surgical wound is sealed by 36-48 hours from the time of surgery. If your surgeon left outside sutures on this wound, you would wait until 2-3 days after the stitches were removed to prevent any makeup from getting into stitch depressions thereby causing self-tattooing.

Good Luck.

You can conceal your Chin Implant scar 7 days after your operation.

+1

Most scars will be red for many months until they mature. Chin Implant scars are usually inconspicuous, under your chin. Certainly ask your surgeon' advice, but I don't think there would be any problem applying concealer to a healed incision, 7 days after surgery.

Web reference: http://ericmjoseph.com/index.cfm/ProcedureNameID/31/PageID/4141

West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon

Scar camoflauge with make up

+1

Depending upon the location of the scar and when it heals up after sutures are removed, we usually recommend two weeks after the surgery or one week after suture removal. However, depending upon how well the scar is healed may enter into the equation. It is best to ask your surgeon as he/she may have a personal preference otherwise.

Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Most can use cover makeup on scars one to two days after stitches are removed

+1

First, you should consult your physician about their personal opinion on this subject. Us surgeons are very particular about how we and our patients take care of scars. In my opinion, most scars are closed and can be covered as early as the day after the stitches are removed. The key indication is when there is no more bleeding, oozing or crusting. If nothing is coming out, nothing should get in.

If you or your surgeon is reluctant to use cover that early, how about a band-aid and tell people you fell and hit your chin? Half the world has scars under their chins from falls.

Surgical Scars and Cosmetics

+1

Usually cosmetics can be used on surgical incisions 48 hours after suture removal. This assumes there is complete healing and no gaps or area of crusting on the incision. If crusting is still present, then you can apply around the area of crust, but not directly on it.

Once healing is complete, if the scar is raised or red, certain creams can be useful. As your doctor which ones he or she recommends. I am partial to kelocote for hypertrophic or thick scars. Mederma, scar guard are also both reasonable alternatives. If redness is present at more than 6 weeks, then steroid cream can sometimes help, but steroid injections or certain laser treatments may be better.

Hope this helps and best of luck

Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon