Chemical Peels and Retin-A to Get Rid of Freckles?

I have freckles on my face and recently went to a dermatologist who recommended the following treatments: Aclaro PD morning and night, along with Retin-A at nightime only. Daily maintenance with using the ogie product and glycolic peels in her office. This all is a lot to do. Can I just do the peels and Retin-A at night to get rid of my freckles? Do I need to do all of the above? Please help!

Unlikely that Chemical Peels and Retin-A will get rid of your freckles

+1

Glycolic peels are very superficial. It is likely that your freckles live at the bottom of the epidermis which is much deeper than the glycolic peel effects go to. WIth increases epithelial turn over, there will be some improvement of the freckles just with turn over of the pigments from the freckle. However, the effect is likely to be modest even when using the Retin A and the Alcaro PD which is hydroquinone.

A deeper treatment is needed to more dramatically clear the freckles. One of the best methods of accomplishing this is a series of fotofacials using IPL. This assumes that your complexion is light rather than dark olive or darker.

Web reference: http://www.lidlift.com/foto-facial/