Can Chemical Peels Remove Fine Nasolabial Wrinkles?

I have a very fine nasolabial wrinkle that's worse on one side than the other. They are worse near my nose than my mouth. Most sites say medium chemical peels "remove fine lines". Would it work here? Would an at home chemical peel remove it? Or do I need a filler?

A medium TCA chemical peel may do ok for a fine nasolabial crease

+2

Most nasolabial creases need fillers but some that are fine lined can benefit from a medium TCA peel alone or in combination with a filler. Do not do a home kit TCA. It can scar and you need the expertise of your doctor for best results. 

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Laser skin tightening may help

+1
Fillers would be the best thing for nasolabial folds, however lasers may be an option if they are not as deep. Most patients only require 3 painless treatments to achieve noticeable results.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Fine line in the nasolabial area may need than a chemical peel

+1

Dear Saladsnowflake:

Filler in the form of Perlane or Restylane might be more effective for the nasolabial area. Chemical peels are very effective at improving the quality of the facial skin. Medium and deep chemical peels can also remove facial lines. However, there is a price to pay with the deeper chemical peel in terms of healing and the risk of hypopigmentation. This makes it a lot easier to recommend the fillers.

Fillers are the way to go for nasolabial wrinkles

+1

Whenever I see a patient, I tell them that the nasolabial lines are filler country and that's because when they were first indicated, fillers were used to treat deep lines in the NL folds. Many fillers can be used, including the HA (Restylane, Juverderm), Radiesse and now even Sculptra, which has been recently approved for the treatment of such.

Dependent on the patient's budget and needs, I use the different fillers interchangeably with mainly HAs and Radiesse being my workshorses in that area.

Hassan Galadari, MD
Dubai Dermatologist