Can Cheek Implants Make Face Symmetrical?

I am 22 years old, male and my left cheek is sunken in such a way that it looks unattractive. My right cheek is also sunken but not as much as my left one. As a result, my face looks asymmetrical and ugly.

A doctor suggested me fat fillers in my left cheek but I wasn't satisfied by what he said. I would like to know, is there any other way to make my face become symmetrical? Will cheek implants help me?

More finesse with fat

+1

If the asymmetry is due to bone asymmetry, malar implants may help. My guess is that fat transfer, in experienced, artistic hands, may offer a more refined correction. Remember, it may take several sessions for an excellent result!

Raleigh-Durham Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cheek Implants, Cheek Augmentation, Cheek Enhancement

+1

Probably not. I have placed Cheek Implants to contour, shape and rejuvenate the face for over 20 years. The two sides of the face are always asymmetric because they form independently and fuse in the midline. One side of very face is higher, lower, fuller or less so. Facial beauty is not about symmetry but rather the sum of the overall ideally shaped features of the face. The more of these, the more attractive the face. I have just recently written and published the book on this subject. If your cheeks lack the ideal aesthetic shape, placing the proper sized and shaped Cheek Implants will make you more attractive.

Cheek implants can give more facial symmetry

+1

Cheek implants are an excellent idea to achieve facial and cheek symmetry. If both cheeks are sunken, bilateral cheek implants can be placed. If both cheeks are sunken asymmetrically, then a medium-sized and a small-sized implant can be placed asymmetrically to make the cheeks look more augmented and symmetrical. These are placed through a gingival incision on the upper portion of the mouth and placed right on the bone.

Cheek Asymmetry

+1

Implants or fillers can be used to augment the cheeks and improve symmetry. Using pre-operatve x-rays, exact implants can be designed to correct the problem.

Cheek implants augment the face

+1

There are a lot of different ways to augment the face and provide more fullness or prominence. One surgeon has suggested fat transfers. I think cheek implants are also a legitimate alternative. Have consultations with different plastic surgeons and see which one can offer you a plan that you are comfortable with.

It is not possible to have perfect symmetry but it sounds like you want some improvement.

Best Wishes

Dr. Peterson

Marcus L. Peterson, MD
Saint George Plastic Surgeon