What is Causing the Indent in my Right Breast?

When I push my breast together using my arms why is there an indent? I got my BA 7 weeks ago and my right breast is much lower than my left, and when I flex or push my breast together my right implant has an indent... I also have a torn muscle on that side. How long before I can have a revision? Please help

How long to wait to perform breast revision

+4

In looking at your photo the left breast appears to have dropped below the level of the incisionand your chest muscle is a bit indented. I don't have the benefit of examining you pre-operatively but by your implant settling lower it also gives the impression the left nipple sits higher. I would bet that by lifting up the implant by tightening the pocket, this will improve the way this appears. You may also find that the area of indentation improves as well once the implant is repositioned higher. A mistake would be to return to the operating room and aggressively dividing the muscle because time and massage will improve that. The need for allowing time before revision is to have a capsule to sew together on the bottom of the pocket to support the implant. I think you should wait 3-6 months at least but don't despair.

I would continue your follow-up with your surgeon and follow his/her post-operative instructions.

This can be improved so be patient. I hope this helps.

Dr Edwards

Indentation

+2

It may be that your left implant has come down causing less volume in the upper portion of the central breast.  Also, it could be that the muscle has not been released as much during surgery on the left side, but it is hard to tell from your photo.

Jeff Scott, MD
Everett Plastic Surgeon

Bottoming out

+2

The mirror image photo that you show of the lower breast I assume is the right. It does have bottoming out and could be repaired.  The indent may be a double bubble which is often a sequelae of bottoming out, but I do not see it in the photo.

VIDEO (Click HERE) What is Causing the Indent in my Right Breast?

+2

I appears that you have some bottoming out occurng and the indent is probably due to  some intact fibers of  the pectoralis muslce.

Breast aug revision

+2

From your photos you do have problems with your result.  The left implant (your left) is too low (bottomed out below the scar) and the muscle was incompletely released causing the dent you see.  You should wait 3-4 months for the tissues to settle down and have a revision done. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Left Breast

+2

is lower than your right.  There is a "dent" in the cleavage area due to incomplete release of muscle fibers.  These problems can be fixed with a revision, at any time.

sek

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Breast Revision

+2

The problems that I see are with your left breast. The indent appears secondary to the muscle in that area. Also your left breast is bottomed out, it is dropped below your incision and your nipple has kicked upwards.

I dont know when you had your surgery, but revision surgery needs to wait about 4-6 months after your primary surgery.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

You need to give you breast augmentation results more time

+2

If the implants were placed under the muscle it is possible that the muscle may not have been released the same amount on each side. It may take 6-8 months for the implants to settle so you need some more time, espesially if they are smooth implants. Your photo is in a very unnatural pose. How they look when you stand relaxed is the most important.

Robert D. Goldstein, MD
Bronx Plastic Surgeon