Can Botox Hurt my Smile?

I saw this video showing a woman getting botox above her lips.  Can't this cause sagging of the mouth/lips or a weaker smile? Would you recommend Botox for lip lines or something else?

Botox in the Lips

+2

Hi Kristy,

Botox can be used in the lips in very small doses, otherwise get ready for slurred words and drooling.  Fillers work very good as well, many times the two are combined.

Most importantly make sure that your injecting physician is experienced and well trained.

Be well.

Dr. P

If proper amount is injected, Botox is a safe procedure

+2

We usually inject about 4 units of Botox in the lines of the upper lip. If larger amounts are injectected you may end up with sagging of the lips and difficulty to purse your lips.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox for lip lines

+2

As emphasized in the video very small amounts of Botox are injected. Yes, if too much is injected you can wind up with an asymmetrical smile or difficulty pursing the lips, but an experienced injector should be able to do this safely. Not all states permit non-physicians to inject any materials, including Botox.

Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon