Help with Scar on Baby's Face from C-section?

My daughter was cut on her face during my C-section. The scar looks inside out (under the skin). What can be done to lessen the appearance? Can I bill the birth hospital?

Reducing a scar on the face that is red and uneven

+1

Scars on the face can be improved with pulsed dye laser, fractional laser, and sometimes percutaneous scar release (PSR). 

Scar revision on baby after C-section

+1
I have seen such a case. If the laceration was superficial, it may go on to heal nicely but you need to wait about a year for full healing to occur. If it was a deep scar, then you should see a plastic surgery in consultation. Good luck!

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Scar from C-section delivery

+1

Typically most scars in infants will heal without creating a cosmetic issue. I would recommend that if you are concerned that you have your child evaluated by a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon. There are some simple things that can be done to improve a scar's appearance while it is healing if your doctor should deem it necessary.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon