Help with Scar on Baby's Face from C-section?

My daughter was cut on her face during my C-section. The scar looks inside out (under the skin). What can be done to lessen the appearance? Can I bill the birth hospital?

Reducing a scar on the face that is red and uneven

Scars on the face can be improved with pulsed dye laser, fractional laser, and sometimes percutaneous scar release (PSR). 

Scar revision on baby after C-section

I have seen such a case. If the laceration was superficial, it may go on to heal nicely but you need to wait about a year for full healing to occur. If it was a deep scar, then you should see a plastic surgery in consultation. Good luck!

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Scar from C-section delivery

Typically most scars in infants will heal without creating a cosmetic issue. I would recommend that if you are concerned that you have your child evaluated by a facial plastic surgeon or plastic surgeon. There are some simple things that can be done to improve a scar's appearance while it is healing if your doctor should deem it necessary.

Scott Trimas, MD
Jacksonville Facial Plastic Surgeon