Are C Cup Breasts Too Big for an Asian Frame?

Hi. I am Asian, 5'7" and 130lbs. My boyfriend wants me to have "C" Cup Breasts implants. At the moment I am flat chested, (ie AA cup).

Is C cup too big for my body frame, especially for an Asian? Also what would be the volume of the implant? I know doctor measure by cc's. Any suggestion is welcome.

Vicki

Breast Implant Size?

+2

It will be extremely important that you communicate your size goals with your plastic surgeon. Your definition of “C cup breasts” may differ from that of other people. Also make sure you are  communicating your (not your boyfriend's)  goals.

In my practice I find the use of goal pictures to be very helpful.  I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" or "top heavy" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the breast implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison. 
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible. 

+1

I am not sure how to answer this question. Given your measurements, I do not think that a C cup os too large.

C Cup choice

+1

Choosing the right implant is something decided upon during a physical exam after consultation and discussion of your desires.

C cup okay if that's what you want

+1

Most women, at least in my practice, who come for augmentation want to end up in a "C" cup.  At 5'7", I think you would look fine.  As thin as you describe, I would recommend silicone gel implants.

C cup breasts on your Asian frame is up to you

+1

Hi Vicki,

Welcome to the Real Self site. Depending on the elasticity of your skin and the lack of breast tissue going from a AA to a C may not provide you with ideal results. The choice of which implant you choose is ultimately up to you. You are the patient after all. My advice to you is to not fixate on a number or cup size. Your goal should be to find an implant that will give you a shape and size that will work for you. It is nice that your boyfriend is involved in this process but you should be doing the procedure for yourself. Choose whatever size makes you happy after consulting with your physician friends and family.

Good luck!

Robert Vitolo, MD

C cup is possible for Asian frame

+1

Based upon your height and weight, you seem to have an medium body frame. Several factors go into choosing the best implant size for an individual woman. These include the height and weight as well as the dimensions of the chest, and the quality of your chest wall tissues.

Larger chest wall dimensions can accommodate larger implants. In general, as breast implant size increases so does the diameter of the implant. A breast implant that is too small or too large will not give a nice cosmetic result. During my consultations, I measure the chest wall dimensions and suggest implants in the right size range. I also let women try on different sized implants in a bra to give them an idea of the shape they can achieve with various sizes and styles of implants. I think the women find this very helpful in choosing an appropriate size for their frame.

The tissue quality of your breasts, skin and muscles are also very important. A woman with very tight tissues usually cannot accommodate very large implants. On the other hand, a woman with looser tissues can have larger implants. The tissue quality can be assessed by your consulting physician,

Another issue which you did not mention, is the implant style. High, moderate and low profiles all have slightly different dimensions. High profile implants have a narrower diameter for a given volume. Moderate and low profile implants have a wider diameter and may be better for women with wider chest walls. High profile implants also tend to create more fullness in the upper part of the breast.

Your doctor can help you choose the right size and style based upon your physical exam and the shape you are seeking.

James H. Schmidt, MD
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon