Butt Augmentation Using Donor Fat?

Can I get buttock augmentation with someone else's fat? I had a Liposculpture and Fat transfer to my buttock 2 weeks ago but I'm not happy with the result of my buttocks and I was wondering if I could get a buttock augmentation one more time but with some one else's fat?

Nice try -- but it won't work.

+3

Sorry - but you need your own fat. Fat transfers have problems - the fat can be absorbed back into your system and it can get lumpy and hard and infected. We don't need to add rejection to a cosmetic procedure. This is not a heart transplant.

Absolutely not!. Fat is like any other tissues in that...

+2

Absolutely not!.

Fat is like any other tissues in that if you use someone elses, you will face tissue rejection. Therefore, the transfer will not be successful, or safe. Be patient with your result, as you still have a lot of swelling. Your buttocks will change a lot over the next year as well as the fat settles, and some will resorb.

sek

Only your own fat

+1

Sorry Olivia, It isn't safe to have Fat transferred from another patient, if your not happy with your results you could talk to a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and he will tell you that there could be too many complications in a situation like that.
The best option would be to wait until your body has healed from the surgery, and talk to a Doctor about getting it redone.

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Butt Augmentation

+1

Unless the fat is from an identical twin sister, fat from a donor will almost certainly be rejected. If you do not have enought fat, then butt implants is an option for butt augmentation.

Using fat between different individuals is a no no

+1

I get asked this question many times in my office, but it can not be done. Tissue rejection as well as transmission of diseases will be be the most problematic issues. Other options to consider include an implant, other fillers are being used in Europe but not approved by FDA. I would recommend that you wait until the final result settles in.

Web reference: http://newportplastic.com/body/

Not unless you have a genetically identical twin

+1

Oliva,

Sorry, you cannot use someone else's fat to enhance your buttock.  The fat would reject and possibly cause infection and scarring.  Talk to your plastic surgeon for options.  I sometimes have my patients gain another 10 pounds and return for retreatment.  Good luck!

Unfortunately, this will not work... Many times I have...

+1

Unfortunately, this will not work... Many times I have had friends, family (usually husbands) wishing to donate fat- but it would not survive and you would probably get a bit sick from the effort.

Hang in there- if you still want volume after all has settled, I might consider an implant.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.