Best Brow Lift Procedure for Young Male with Receding Hairline?

I'm in my early 30s and of some Mediterranean descent. My eyebows seem to sit rather low on my brow and also slope towards the center of my browline which seems to make me look tired or angry. Otherwise, my forehead is pretty smooth. I think I would just need the center of my brow lifted but I'm unsure what kind of Brow Lift procedure would work best for me, with little increase to my receding hairline and with long-lasting results. Thank you for your time.

Brow lifts and patients with a receding hairline

+2

There are many different brow lifting procedures, such as the coronal and endoscopic approaches. A coronal approach requires a longer incision, which can be placed more on the top of the head since the balding pattern is present, while an endoscopic approach is done more anteriorly. To raise the central portion of the brows it is important to divide the corrugator muscles. Another option might be to only divide the corrugator muscles from the upper blepharoplasty approach and not perform a browlift at all to see if dividing the corrugator muscles will actually raise the central portion of the brow without doing a forehead lift.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Browlift options in men with receding hairlines

+2

There are many browlift options. None is right for every patient.

In men, an endoscopic browlift or a hairline sparing minimally invasive browlift may be the most appealing and avoid distortionof the hair, depending on the hair pattern. The latter procedure can actually restore the hairline by reducing a balding widow's peak area.

Web reference: http://drbrent.com/browlift-procedure.php

Browlifts can be a challenge in men with receding hairlines

+2

I would be very reluctant to recommend any type of surgical brow lift given your current condition. Your ethnicity will place you at risk for prominent scars. Your hairline is receding at a young age and this will likely be progressive. Even if the scars can be hidden in the hair now, there is a substantial risk they will be exposed when your hairline recedes further.

Botox will not provide long lasting results but is still probably the best option for you at this time.

I hope this is not an overly disconcerting response. Good luck and best wishes to you.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Browlift

+2
It sounds like you are describing a mild descent of the medial brow close to the nose. The lateral brow position is going to be important in making this decision. The strength of the surrounding muscles will also provide important information. If you do not require a signficant elevation and the muscles are strong, I would suggest trying botox. Although this is a temporary solution it will give you insight into what can be accomplished.
A good technique for minimal brow ptosis and a receding hairline is an endoscopic browlift. 3 to 5 small incisions are created within the hairline and the brow can be lifted. Since this is a minimal lift you would not dramatically alter the hairline. An anterior hariline incision in a progressively receding hairline and mediterranean skin may leave you with a visible scar in nonhair bearing skin in years to come.
You need to have a discussion about this with your board certified plastic surgeon as there are tradeoffs to be made.
I hope this was helpful.

Web reference: http://www.drrobkessler.com/forehead-lifts

Endoscopic brow lift is a good choice in men

+1

In men, hiding the incisions for a brow lift is more difficult. Because the endoscopic technique uses smaller incisions, this approach would be favored.

Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Best brow lift for receding hair line in Males

+1

I have had good results with the endoscopic lift in men with receding hairlines.  The scars are visible for a while but do fade within a few months.  

Browlift with Receding Hairline

+1

Browlifts in men can be very successful despite the relatively high incidence of male pattern baldness. The hairline incision, which can be hidden by the surrounding hair and lower the hairline if necessary, is best in most cases. Men should know they will need hair replacement surgery if there is progression of their male pattern baldness, which exposes the incision. The brow lift should be combined with hair replacement surgery, either hair transplants or the Fleming/Mayer Flap, if baldness is present at the time of the initial surgery.

Brow Lift Options

+1

If you have a receding hairline and do not wish to have this accentuated, then an open browlift with a hairline incision would be your best option. The downside to this plan would be a more visible scar as opposed to a coronal or endo-brow approach. Your best course at this point would be to schedule a consultation with a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss these options in more detail as they related to your particular facial characteristics and aesthetic goals.

Hairline brow lift

+1

A brow lift at the frontal hairline would not raise the hairline and you could even lower the hairline but there is a trade off of the scar. Your skin type might not be a good mix for this procedure. A direct brow can be done but again the scar might be more visible and obvious right at the upper margin of the eyebrow itself. It's all a trade off.

There are a number of brow lift options for men

+1

First thing I would try on anyone considering a brow lift is Botox to relax the eyebrow depressor muscles. Many patients get a nice lift of the brow even without surgery that lasts around 4 months.

As for surgery, if your hairline is receding and genetically will continue to do so, I am reluctant to perform a coronal, at the hairline or even traditional endoscopic browlift. Endoscopic is an option with incisions in upper brow creases. My favorite procedure for men such as yourself, is trans-Blepharoplasty brow lift. This is performed through an upper eyelid incision. the muscles are cut that pull the brows down and in. The brows are also tacked up to the bone above the eyebrow with a dissolving device called and endotine. The biggest drawback of the trans-Blepharoplasty brow lift is that the results aren't great. But for a man, that is an advantage. Men should not have their eyebrows lifted too high or they may appear feminized.

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.