When to Have Brow Lift After Facelift and Neck Lift?

How long after a lower facelift and neck lift should I wait to have a lateral brow lift (due to swelling, etc.)? These procedures will be done by two different surgeons. It just has to be done this way. Thank you.

Browlift following Facelift Surgery

+2

Surgically speaking, you should be able to have your browlift whenever you feel up to having a second surgical procedure. I would wait at least six weeks, however, in case there is prolonged swelling from your initial facelift and necklift procedures. You would not want to complicate the healing process and since you are having two separate surgeons perform the procedures, I would strongly recommend that you are pleased with the results of your first surgery prior to embarking on a second.

Chevy Chase Facial Plastic Surgeon

Facelift/ browlift timing

+1

After a facelift, the swelling routinely takes about 2 months to resolve. After the swelling is resolved, then the browlift can be considered. It would be wise to show your browlift surgeon your face prior to scheduling a date. Most doctors would like for there to be no resolving issues with other parts of the face prior to surgery.

Wait two months after face/neck lift to have browlift

+1

It is adequate to have a browlift approximately two months after a face/neck lift surgery, which is when most of the swelling will be resolved.

Web reference: http://www.seattlefacial.com

Right timing for Browlifting with Facelift surgery

+1

I would wait at least 2 - 6 weeks to allow settling of the face and resolution of the majority of swelling. This waiting period may be less depending on your particular amount of swelling. These two surgeries are truly separate, so discuss the timing with your surgeon. 

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lateral brow lift and face lift

+1

I typically perform a lateral browlift as part of a lower facelift. There is no reason to do these as separate procedures since most of the incision use for the browlift is also required for the facelift. A lateral brow lift is often included in the cost of a facelift and so another good reason to do these together. If you must do these as separate procedures I would wait approximately 3 mos. for all of the facial edema to regress.

Detroit Facial Plastic Surgeon

Six Months Between Facelift Then Browlift

+1

Your healing is complete within 3 weeks but the face continues to change for up to one year. Six months would be the minimun time to let the face settle down before going for a brow lift. The reason is to allow better judgement of what the face looks like and how much needs to be corrected by the browlift.

Regards

Web reference: http://www.janjuafacialsurgery.com

Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lateral Brows enhance the Facelift Results When Indicated.

+1

If not done together or at the same setting, I often wait 6 weeks to 6 months. This allows the other procedures to settle and you can evaluate the results better and see if this area still needs to be addressed. On occasion you may also want a little touch up of one of the previous procedures and it give you time to assess the results and address anything that did not settle as predicted. It would be best for your two surgeons to give you the answer that will work best for all parties involved.

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Timing of browlift after facelift

+1

These 2 surgeries are basically unrelated so you could do them even as close as 2 weeks apart.  Maybe even less if you did the brow first.  Just ask the 2 doctors what they recommend and why. 

Web reference: http://www.randcosmeticsurgery.com

Browlift after Facelift

+1

If there is no eyelid or forehead swelling, you can proceed at any time. If this is present, simply wait until the swelling has resolved. Your surgeons can help with the timing of the two operations. 

Brow Lift Surgery After Face Lift and Neck Lift

+1

You may have the brow lift at any time after the face lift and neck lift surgery.

Depending on the exact method of lower facial rejuvenation surgery and your healing ability, there should not be much swelling, if at all, at the forehead or eyebrow area. If you end up having some swelling, most plastic surgeons wait several weeks before proceeding with the upper face lift.

Waiting time for plastic surgery is specific for each cosmetic patient, but six weeks is a reasonable waiting time. Best of luck.

Web reference: http://www.potomacplasticsurgery.com

Washington DC Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.