Candidate for Breast Reduction and Tummy Tuck?

I am a 32-year-old mother, 5'8", and weighing 323 lbs. I have looked into gastric bypass and have been turned down cause of insurance reasons. I have been turned down 4 times. I am looking to get a Breast Reduction and full Tummy Tuck. I am not looking to be a super model or anything. I just want be active for my kids. I used to be very active and outgoing before this. Would I be a candidate for plastic surgery? Most of my weight is from my stomach and breast as you can see in the picture. Sorry about my boys being in there!

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

Unfortunately, you are not a candidate for elective surgery at your current weight. As you know, there are many reasons to reach a long-term stable weight.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm

Sugery with obesity

+1

Unfortunately, you are not a good candidate for a breast reduction or a tummy tuck until you lose weight. You are at a very high risk of a lot of complications with these procedures at your current weight.

Breast reduction and tummy tuck too risky at your weight.

+1

Hi.

I think it is perfectly OK to do breast reduction and tummy tuck on people who are overweight.  But at your weight, the risk of serious complications is just not acceptable.  I know that's not what you want to hear.

At over 300 lbs you should not have any plastic surgery

+1

Unfortunately, no good plastic surgeon would ever operate on you at your weight. It just simply isn't safe and the results would not be worth the money and the extreme risk involved. Perhaps a lap band could help you lose the weight and then later on, you could have the plastic surgery to address the problems left after the weight loss.

Tummy tuck for weight loss

+1

Unfortunately, at your weight, you are not a good candidate for surgery. Not just in terms of aesthetics but also for your safety. Also, the cosmetic procedures can be quite costly in a patient like you, since you will likely need to spend several days in the hospital and have a higher likelihood of complications such as infection due to the excess weight. I think you would be better served and use that money to pay for your own gastric bypass if your insurance company will not pay for it. It will benefit you in the long run. Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.ShaferPlasticSurgery.com

Plastic surgery risks

+1

Given your current weight I think the risk of surgery is too high. Plastic surgery can be used to help remove excess tissue but with in reason. You are more out to have a deep vein thrombosis which can lead to a pulmonary embolus, often a pulmonary embolus is fatal. There is also a question of healing. You will be at a higher risk of wound infection, breakdown and loss of skin. This may require another operation. I would try to lose weight before considering elective surgery.

Long Island City Plastic Surgeon

Weight Reduction Surgery

+1

You are very high risk for postoperative complications and would have wound healing issues. You really need to loose the weight prior to plastic surgery. Plastic surgery like breast reduction and abdominoplasty do not take that significant amount of weight off of your body. You would benefit from lap band or bypass surgery to help you loose the weight so that then you can get your breast and tummy surgery with a much less complication rate and better result.

Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.feplasticsurgery.com

Increased risk of operative complications

+1

Your weight places you at a significantly higher rate of complications from any surgical procedure including wound complications, adverse anesthetic reactions, as well as risk of deep venous thrombosis. Man surgeons are hesitant to peform a true abdominoplasty and may consider you for a more expedient panniculectomy