Can a Reduction Make Breasts Symmetrical?

My right breast is larger than my left breast and I think I'd like to get the right one reduced rather than elect for a breast augmentation. Is a reduction of the larger breast possible?

Reduction mammoplasty to achieve breast symmetry

+2

In my experience  thereis no such thing as "breast symmetry" if one subjects them to strict  measurments. Depending on your particular situation, and desires either reduction or augmentation, or both ,could be utilized to acheive your goals in making your breasts MORE SYMMETRICAL.

Bronx Plastic Surgeon

Breast Asymmetry Correction?

+1

There are usually many options available to help improve breast symmetry. The best option for you will depend on in-person physical examination and a full discussion of your goals/preferences.

In person consultation with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon will be helpful.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/Procedures/procedure_breastreduction.htm

Breast asymmetry corrected with breast lift and breast reduction.

+1

Hi.

You need a breast reduction of the right breast and a breast lift of the left breast.  Both operations need to be done INTERNALLY without relying on tightening the skin ( Lejour technique), because skin stretches.  You are left with a lollipop scar.  You should do great!

Breast reduction to equal breast size

+1
It is more common to have breasts that vary in size and shape with in the same individual. Usually these differences are slight and are not noticeable. If the differences are noticeable then reducing one breast is an option. Usually this will help equal the volume although the shape of the breast may vary if the shapes were different to begin with.
Long Island City Plastic Surgeon

Yes, it's part of the operation

+1

One of the goals of reduction is not only making the breasts smaller but symmetrical as well.  Occasional patients have significant asymmetry and the operation can achieve good balance in most circ;umstances. 

Web reference: http://www.zubowicz.com

Reduction to create symmetry

+1

Hi,

Yes, it is possible. Providing that the location of your nipples is even, you could have a little lipo done on the larger breast. However, if they are not even, then you may need a lift. I would definitely need to examine you in order to give you the best advice. Generally, you can either reduce the larger breast or augment the smaller breast to achieve symmetry.

Best regards,

Dr. Speron

Yes!

+1

Excellent question.  In cases where significant asymmetry of the breasts exists, the frequent question is make smaller side larger, or make larger size smaller.  A unilateral reduction may be able to accomplish your goal without adding an implant.

sek

Reduce or enlarge asymmetic breasts

+1

Yes it can be reduced. If the nipples are symmetric in height, you may be able to reduce the breast with liposuction. If the nipple is lower, you will need to lift and reduce the larger breast. This may involve scarring.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-asymmetry.html

Breast asymmetry

+1

Breast asymmetry can be treated just like you wrote.  You can augment the smaller breast or reduce the larger one. If the breasts are of good size and shape, then a reduction of the larger breast is certainly a good option.

Breast asymmetry

+1

Reducing a larger breast to better match a smaller one is definitely possible. However, remember that most if not all women have some degree of asymmetry to their bodies and specially the breast area. Asymmetry in all of our body areas is natural and achieving perfect symmetry is not a realistic expectation. However, significant improvement can be achieved very easily with many of the surgical techniques available today. The best course to take is to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to first understand the degree of asymmetry you already have and which techiques - breast reduction, lift and/or augmentation - will give you the result you are looking for.

Web reference: http://www.stcharlesplasticsurgery.com/html/breast-reduction.html