Breast Reduction for 46m Cup Size?

I was considering a breast reduction because I'm about 5'0 and I wear a size 46m in bra size. I have severe back, neck, and shoulder pain, as well as low self-esteem because of my breasts. Am I a good candidate for this procedure?

Breast Reduction corrects Back/Neck and Shoulder Pain in Many

+1

Your complaints of severe back, neck, and shoulder pain, as well as low self-esteem because of my breasts make you a very good candidate for this procedure.. In general candidates for Breast Reduction surgery are women who wish to have smaller breasts to achieve a more proportional appearance or to alleviate physical discomfort.  Breast reduction can correct symptoms from excessively large, heavy breasts that may cause the inability to do certain exercises, or create back, shoulder and neck pain, poor posture, bra-strap shoulder indentations and chafing or rashes under the breasts.  Women experiencing these discomforts may benefit from Breast Reduction, also called Reduction Mammoplasty.  Furthermore, large breasts may interfere with normal daily activities or exercise and will be more comfortable when reduced.  Women who feel that their excessive breast size decreases a sense of attractiveness and self confidence, or results in unwanted attention are also candidates.

Breast Reduction Candidate?

+1

Based on your description, you may be an ideal candidate for breast reduction surgery. This operation is one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform (for physical and psychosocial relief).

I would suggest in person consultation with well experienced board certified plastic surgeons.

Hopefully your only regret will be that you did not have it done sooner.

You should look and feel better after breast reduction.

+1

Hi.

I am tempted to say :Do it!  In Manhattan, I think our happiest group of patients are our breast reduction patients.  Most women are very happy, even when the result is not perfect.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast reduction

+1

Patients with extremely larger breasts certainly can benefit from a breast reduction of they are symptomatic. This can usually be accomplished with a Wise pattern reduction using an inferior pedicle or sometimes with a free nipple graft procedure.

Consider this

+1

With a size 46 anything, it indicates to me that you have a bit of extra weight. The breast is comprised of fat and breast gland, and together they put weight on the spine, and may be responsible for your symptoms.

On the other hand, you may need to loose a lot of weight for your own health and longevity. Check what your BMI (Google Body Mass Index). In any event, if you are planning to lose a lot of weight, the breasts may reduce a lot. You wouln't want to get a reduction, loose a lot of weight and then, have to get the breasts re-done because of all the changes associated with weight loss.

If you have no plans to lose weight (diet, exercise, bariatric surgery), it sounds like you would be a good candidate, given that you are in otherwise good health, and don't smoke.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Breast reduction can relieve your symptoms

+1

Depending in your weight, Breast reduction may be an excellent option for you. Typically patients report improvement in the symptoms with removal as little as 300 cc but this is difficult to ascertain via an email inquiry. Meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and estimated removal.

Are you a candidate for breast reduction?

+1

By the information you have provided you sound as though you are a good candidate for breast reduction surgery. The best way to tell is to meet with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can review your history, perfom and exam and then discuss your options with you. This is typically a very gratifying operation for large breasted women but preparation is key to a successful outcome. Take care.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Breast Reduction Candidate

+1

It sounds as if you could be a good candidate for breast reduction surgery.  You should seek a consultation with a Board-certified Plastic Surgeon.  You might  want to check the ASPS and/or ASAPS websites.

John Whitt, MD