Possible to Have Breast Lift with Implants at Lower Cost?

Are there doctors who preform a breast lift with silicone implants for $5000 or less? I had an extreme amount of weight loss about 1 1/2 year ago and went from a D cup down to an AA. I cannot afford to pay a lot of money for them. Is it possible to get this done at that cost? I am trying to get my self esteem and confidence back.

Breasts Augmentation/Lifting Cost?

+2

Congratulations on your significant weight loss.

Although I appreciate your concerns about the expenses associated with breast lifting and augmentation surgery,  I would caution you to avoid basing your selection of surgeon on costs primarily. The breast augmentation/breast lifting surgery is not an operation I would entrust to the average resident in training even under supervision if I were you.

I think you would be better for you to delay surgery, save your money and find the best surgeon you can to perform the procedure. Otherwise, you will find  revisionary surgery may more expensive in many ways.

Residency Training Programs Offer Lower Cost Surgery

+2

Programs vary widely in how they are run, but some are staffed by excellent attending doctors who will perform the surgeries at a discount of 40 - 50%

I am affiliated with the Baylor Collge of Medicine and personally oversee the markings and critical portions of each procedure. Followup is by the residents, although I remain available too.

Check around, because your results are only going to be as good as the attending physician who oversees your case.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS

Price of breast lifts and implants

+2

The cost of silicone implants is around $1600 to the doctor and the cost of running your OR is about $2000 per hour. Consequently, I would have to say that for a surgery that might last 2-4 hours depending on your anatomy, there is probably no way to find a reputable surgeon who could or would do it for that price.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast Lift in Combination with Breast Implants

+1

A breast lift in combination with a breast implant is one of the most challenging procedures performed by plastic surgeons today.  In the course of this procedure, several components of the breast shape and size are changing.  Most women have one breast different than the other.  As a result, the challenge of achieving an optimal size and shape is formidable.  Some surgeons will offer both of these procedures together.  However, some prefer to separate the two operations.  Certainly, when they are separated it will be more costly than if they were performed at the same time. 

If you are considering this type of surgery it is very important that you consult a surgeon who has extensive experience and training in all types of breast surgery.

Because many different components of the breasts are changing at the same time, there is the chance that you will require a second operation in order to touch up the first operation and achieve the most ideal outcome.

With all of the considered, and considering that you will live with your result for the rest of your life, you should not select a surgeon just because he or she offers the cheapest price.

John J. Edney, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Low cost lift and augmentation

+1

Truthfully, $5K for a lift and implant is not realistic. I would encourage you to save your money and go to a reputable surgeon. Having residents learn on you is not ideal even with "supervision". The surgery can be 2-4 hours but the scars can last a lifetime.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

Breast Lift with Implants at Lower Cos

+1
Congratulations on the weight loss.

South Florida tends to have lower fees then more expensive areas such as New York or Los Angeles. We charge starting at $4000 + MD Anesthesia related costs for a breast lift with saline breast implants. Gel implants are about a $1000 more. Since you can get quality work at lower costs, patients will travel from throughout the state, the country, and internationally to have surgery in South Florida.

To ensure that you are receiving quality work at the most cost effective prices, consult with board certified plastic surgeons that own their own nationally accredited facilities. The quality must be maintained at the highest level to maintain accreditation. The surgeons also have incentive to hire and train quality staff (to ensure that surgery is efficient and enjoyable), to ensure comfortable and private facilities (to encourage referral), and to eliminate waste (to ensure that these facilities can compete effectively).

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Reduced cost augment mastopexy

+1
The augment pexy is an expensive operation because it combines the length of a breast reduction with the cost of implants. Silicone implants and anesthesia/facility fees would be over $4000 so the surgeon would not be appropriately compensated for his services at the price you suggest. You should consult with a plastic surgeon who can ascertain whether you are qualified for patient financing. If you do not qualify, it is better to save up and have the procedure done correctly by a well credentialed, board certified plastic surgeon.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast lift with breast implants in plastic surgery clinic.

+1

Hi.

Teaching hospitals have plastic surgery clinics (Lenox Hill Hospital in New York City), where residents and fellows in advanced training do breast lift with breast implants under supervision. Very inexpensive and safe.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Cost of Silicone Implants

+1

Unfortunately, there is no way you are going to find a qualified surgeon to do a breast lift and silicone breast augmentation for $5000. Just the implants cost $2000. Then add in the hospital and anesthesia fees and you are already up to $5000. Costs vary from city to city and between doctors, but expect surgical fees anywhere between $5000 to $15,000 or more. Just remember that there is some truth in the saying, "you get what you pay for." Good luck with your surgery.

David Shafer, MD

Breast Implants and Lift

+1

No. The price you are listing is very cheap and you may be able to find someone that is willing to do it for that price but you will not be getting a quality job and a quality surgeon and probably not done in a surgery center and under general anesthesia. As others have noted, the silicone implants alone are $2000.

You should wait until you can afford the procedure before venturing for cosmetic surgery. What would happen if you had to go back to the operating room for a complication? There are costs involved with that as well, and most insurance companies would not cover this even if you have health insurance.

Farbod Esmailian, MD