Breast Lift Option for Longest-lasting Results with Maximum Support?

Thanks for you time. In your opinion, which is the best surgical breast lift option for longest lasting results, with maximum support? I essentially want an internal bra, and I want it to last as long as possible. I am a natural 32 E, 25 years old, and already sagging. I love my breasts, so a reduction is out of the question. Thanks.

No guarantee for long term breast lift support.

+3

Although there are some surgoens who have used internal supports or slings there are problems with some of these techniques. Absorbably slings do not provides sufficient long term support and may be very costly. Permanent materials may shift or errode with potential exposure. There are no good options for long term support ast this time. The laser bar procedures essentially use your skin as a supporting material and may provide you with some enhanced results but no technique can ultimately guarantee a long term outcome.

Breast lifting can take on very different procedures

+3

Breast lifts that focus on reshaping the breast tissue will last longer and look better than those procedures that only focus on skin excision. stay away from skin excision techniques-- the skin stretches and all you are left with is the scars. The lifts that reshape the breast tissue include the Lejour and Goes techniques. In any case, the other physicians are correct in stating that it would be a good idea to reduce the volume of such large breasts.

In short:
1. Lift the breast tissue -- not the skin.
2. No lift is permanent.
3. A lifted breasts may look bigger than a saggy larger breast. this may satisfy your love of your breasts in spite of the necessary reduction.

Robert M. Freund, MD

Internal breast lift will give long term result.

+3

Hi!

1) In my opinion, there is a right way and a wrong way to do a breast lift. The wrong way (even though it is much easier) is to rely on tightening the skin to get a perky shape. Skin stretches, and you will definitely not get good long term shape.

2) The right way (described by several plastic surgeons, including Dr. Madeline Lejour and Dr. Elizabeth Hall-Findlay) is to lift and reshape the breast tissue itself (internally) without any tension on the skin. This operation leaves a lollipop scar, and I have 12 year results which still have very good shape.

3) The bad news is that I would not do a breast lift on you if you didn't let me do a small breast reduction at the same time. E cup breasts are just too heavy, and will fall down again even with the best technique.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast lifts without reduction

+2

Unfortunately, there is no breast lift which will last in a woman of your size without a simultaneous reduction.  The weight of the breasts of your size absolutely must be reduced to have any kind of long term result otherwise gravity will take effect and win again.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast lift for large breasts

+2

A breast lift for "E" type of breasts should probably have a reduction as well. The heavier the breasts, the more likely they will sag sooner than a smaller breast.  

Options for a breast lift

+1

There are several options for lifting the breasts, and the one chosen is mostly dependant on the severity of the sagginess. Breast lift option range from trimming some skin from around the areola to an anchor-type incision for excessive amounts of sagginess. If you want to restore volume, you may want to consider an implant. Breast lifts can last years before gravity takes its toll and causes the breasts to sag again. Lifts with internal suspension of the breast tissue may have a longer lasting effect than those that tighten the skin only. Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Breast Lift on Large Breasts

+1

You will not have a long lasting result no matter what lift is done. You will need a reduction and most plastic surgeons would not do a lift on you if you dont consent to a reduction. Doing a lift on you would be fraught with complications such as poor wound healing and wound separation. Your breasts are simply too large to be able to afford a lift, they will sag again as they have now without a reduction. You are ultimately fighting gravity with weight. No matter what type of a reduction is done.

Hope that sheds some light.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Breast Lift for longest-lasting results and maximum support

+1

I completely agree with the previous post.

Philosophically, nothing lasts forever and sagging is a rule of nature. The heavier the breasts are (born large or made large by one of us) - the faster they will sag. Which is the reason why your 32E's are beginning to sag at age 25. (Imagine hoe faster they will sag when the skin holding your breasts and Cooper's ligaments are 35 years old skin to say nothing about 50 year old skin and ligaments).

OBVIOUSLY, IF your goal is to have as long a lasting result you need to reduce the weight of the breasts AND to use a surgical technique which does NOT solely rely on the skin as the breast shaping and anchoring device. For the most part, ONLY techniques that cone the breast itself (instead of the skin around it) such as The Hall-Findley technique will persist for more than a few years AND they have the advantage of using ONLY a lollipop rather than an anchor / T scar.

So if longevity is the goal I would strongly recommend you have a small reduction and lift using a Hall-Findley Mastopexy.

I hope this was helpful.

Longest Lasting Breast Lift

+1

Unfortunately, no technique can give you a really long lasting result. The design of all techniques is to give as long lasting result as possible. Those that remove only the surface of the skin rather the full thickness of the skin generally provide some advantage since the dermis that lis left provides more support than the underlying fat. Some internal sutures to hold the lower tissues to the superior ones also may help. The thing that would really help the most in your case is a concomitant reduction. This is because gravity will continue to pull on the breast and your skin has already demonstrated a tendency to stretch. Since this is out of the question, you will just have to rely on the surgical method and external support (a good bra). Most of the modern methods utilize the above methods. To find out what your Plastic Surgeon does, simply ask. Also, ask about the longevity of his/her method. If you are not satisfied with the answers, seek another opinion.

Robert T. Buchanan, MD
Highlands Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift is A Temporary Operation

+1

You will have to expect some re-sagging of the lift after a few years, and maintaining fullness at the upper pole is a real challenge for all surgeons.

Individuals who will have the best and longest-lasting results have the following characteristics:

• Good skin with good elasticity and no stretch marks
  • Firm breast tissue without too much fat
  • A smaller breast

So if you are older with thin skin and choose a large breast size (or have a large implant) you may re-sag earlier.

I have several patients who are young and have a large breast size like you, and they want to keep that size. Maintaining a perky appearance in these patients can be a challenge.

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS