Breast Lift Without Implants for GG Cup Breasts?

I wear a 34GG size bra and after having nursed 5 children, I'm in need of a Breast lift. Can it be done without Breast implants and will the lift leave my size the same or will it change? What is the down-time from this type of operation?

Breast Lift/Reduction

+2

Yes,  you can absolutely have a breast lift/reduction without the use of implants. As a matter of fact, I do not think the use of implants ( if you had requested them)  would be a good idea at the same time that you are undergoing a very significant breast lift operation.

As you probably know,  breast reduction surgery does also create a “lift” of the breasts.

For patients planning on breast reduction/lifting surgery...it is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful (and much more precise than discussing cup size).

34GG breasts with Sag

+2

Dear Mrs. James,

First off, I really do not think you should consider implants. In my mind, the options are a breast lift (conserving all of your volume), or a breast reduction (which automatically includes a lift). I recommend you spend time looking at before and after pictures of patients who have undergone breast reductions, breast lifts, and breast augmentations. Try to find someone with similar breasts as yours, and see what results they can achieve. It is infrequent that a woman with GG size breasts wants to maintain that much volume, as the breast weight can interfere with daily activities, cause back pain, and will make the breasts age rapidly (due to gravity). Most patients choose some type of reduction, and really appreciate their more proportionate and toned breasts.

Best regards,

Dr.B

Michael A. Bogdan, MD, FACS

Breast lift with very large breasts

+1
Someone with GG cup breasts does not need implants! Of course a lift can be performed without them. A lift alone would slightly reduce the breasts as excess skin would be removed. However, in someone that large, gravity would begin to counteract the effects of the operation almost immediately. You should consider a breast reduction at a GG size to achieve a lasting result. Confer with a board certified plastic surgeon as to a size which will fit your body image. The initial phase of recovery should take about two weeks although, with such large breasts, free nipple grafting could be required.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast lift without implants

+1

If you have significant amounts of breast tissue, you can certainly have a breast lift without implants. Uusally the volume decreases somewhat secondary to removal of skin and some breast tissue to create the right shape.

Implants are not always necessary with a breast lift

+1

For many of the breast lifts that I perform, I generally recommend use of a submuscular implant. The advantage to this is that I can usually restore and enhance upper pole fullness which a standard breast lift does not accomplish on its own. In addition, I feel that placement of an implant also may provide a more optimal shape and contour to a lifted breast. But is this always necessary? No.

If you already have substantial breast volume or if you have fairly firm, glandular breasts, then this may not be necessary. In this case, I would simply restructure and reshape your breasts using a standard breast lift alone. Adding additional volume to breasts that are already large may simply not be necessary.

I hope that helps.

Gregory A. Buford, MD, FACS
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift (mastopexy) without implants

+1

SEE VIDEO FOR LIFT WTIHOUT IMPLANTS:

Yes you can undergo a lift without implants. However, due to your size, it is possible that the sagging will recur. Furthermore, it is also likely that your breasts may appear smaller just due to the fact that lifted breasts do not look as large as similarly sized sagging breasts. Implants will achieve upper breast fullness and this may not be possible with your tissue.

Breast lift or breast reduction?

+1

At your size, you should have a breast reduction.  It does not need to be extreme and you can keep a generous size, but if you do a lift and don't make them any smaller, the lift will never last. Remember that a reduction includes doing a lift.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Breast Lifting versus Breast Reduction versus Breast Augmentation-Reduction

+1

If you want the breasts higher, then you just need a lift. A lift may make your breasts cuter.

If you want the breasts smaller and higher, then you need a reduction (which normally incorporates a lift). Smaller breasts may relieve strain on your neck, upper back, and shoulders.

If you want the breasts to be about the same size, but lifted, and with more upper fullness, then you could opt for an augmentation-reduction. This is not a common operation. Breast tissue is removed, and the nipple is lifted upwards; additionally, implants are placed for more fullness in the upper poles. The net volume should not be changed, but the breast would be rounder and optimally rejuvenated.

Really, I can't tell you what you need. You should tell me what you want! Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with whom you feel comfortable, and then you and he/she can customize the procedure to fit your goals.

Michael C. Pickart, MD
Ventura Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift without implants

+1

Breast lifts can always be done without vimplanst and in your case you really should not add any addtional weight to your breasts. Your cup size will be about the same after a breast lift. depending upon how it is done sometimea some breast tissue is removed along with the skin.

You will need about 3 weeks to get to 75% activity level and 6 weeks to get to 100% activity levels depending on what you wish to do. If you have a desk job you can get back to work within three days but the usual is about a week.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Breast Lift without implants for GG cup breasts

+1

Veronica,

The LAST thing any ethical Plastic surgeon would recommend is topping GG breasts with breast implants!

If you are done having children you would benefit from a Breast Lift (Mastopexy). If you like your current breast size and want to keep it KNOWING that they WILL SAG AGAIN sooner rather than later, then ONLY a Breast Lift is called for.

If on the other hand, you would consider taking some of the weight off your breasts, you should have a Breast Reduction.

Remember -- NEVER in human history has ANY human won the battle with Gravity. We always lose. But we can postpone the loss and inevitable "droopies" MUCH longer by shedding off unneeded weight.

It is totally up to you.