How to Find a Good Breast Lift with Implants Doctor?

Hello, I'm 18 years old and I had a baby when I was 15. My breasts have sagged down and gotten a lot smaller I'm now at around a 36B or C. I'd love a breast lift and breast augmentation as well, but scared in case it goes wrong. Where can I find a good and safe cosmetic surgeon?

How Best to Choose a Surgeon for your Procedure

+2

Hi there-

This question comes up often- here is an answer I gave to a patient interested in finding a good tummy tuck surgeon- If you follow this advice, you should be able to be confident you will be well taken care of...

This really is a universal question. Let's first understand that what you are really asking is, "how do I maximize my chances of getting the outcome I want, with safety, in a comfortable and pleasant experience?".

It is important to understand that while your chosen surgeon is probably the most important factor in achieving the above, there are other important considerations as well. Here are my thoughts about how best to go about this...

Find a surgeon you really like FIRST. Too many patients search for a price they like, or for a surgeon who is willing to do a certain procedure on them (whether it is really in their best interests or not). First and foremost, you should be looking for a quality education, top-notch training in plastic surgery, with board certification BY THE AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY (there are many "boards", but only certification by The American Board of Plastic Surgery ensures you that the surgeon has undergone the years of plastic surgery specific training and examination you want). Provided the surgeon has these qualifications, it is important that you like them and feel you can get along well with them- you are, after all, entering into an important relationship. If these two criteria are satisfied, it's time to evaluate his/her work and expertise... ask to see examples of his/her work, and maybe even to talk to some former patients. They will be best able to tell you what it was like to be cared for by this surgeon. Whatever you do, remember that quality professional treatment (whether by a plastic surgeon, an architect, or any other professional) will carry a price appropriate for the surgeon's level of training and expertise. Shopping for a low price will usually lead to the difficult re-learning of the lesson that "you will get what you paid for".

Once you have found a surgeon you like, it is important to know about THE FACILITY, and who will be providing your ANESTHESIA. Having a great surgeon won't matter if the facility is less than safe, or if your anesthesia provider is under-qualified or suspect. Most good surgeons make sure the facilities and anesthesia providers they use are reputable, but this is not always the case, particularly as surgeons have scrambled (like everyone else) to save money in these more difficult times. It is very important that the facility is certified by either the JCAHO or AAAASF. These regulatory bodies inspect facilities for safety and cleanliness, as well as verifying the training of the personnel involved in your care.

Your anesthesia provider can be a qualified nurse anesthetist, or an anesthesiologist (a doctor of anesthesia). My personal opinion is that the additional cost of having an anesthesiologist present and managing your care is more than worth it.

I hope this helps you!

Good Surgeon for Breast lift and Implants

+1
There are several surgeons in the South Florida/Miami area that frequently perform this procedure with great results. Breast lift with implants is a difficult surgery for many surgeons as you are decreasing the skin envelope and increasing the volume of the breast.

It is important to ask the right questions during your consultation:

• 1.Is your surgeon a board certified plastic surgeon?
    • a.Be sure he or she is a plastic surgeon, there are a lot surgeons that are cosmetic surgeons or board certified in other fields other than plastic surgery. They do not do the same training as a plastic surgeon.
    • b.You can check the American Board of Plastic Surgery website for a list of plastic surgeons in your area.
  • 2.Does your surgeon commonly perform this procedure?
    • a.Ask to see before and after pictures or look online for reviews on the procedure.
  • 3.Where is the surgery performed
    • a.Is the procedure performed in an accredited surgery center or hospital?
  • 4.Who performs the anesthesia for the procedure?
    • a.Is an anesthesiologist performing the anesthesia?

Specialist in breast lift and augmentation

+1
For best results you should see a board-certified plastic surgeon with extensive experience in both procedures done at the same time.  You should also make sure that you see many pictures of that surgeon's work and that you are pleased with those results.  Published experts in the field are a good place to start.  See the attached reference.

David Stoker, MD

Seek a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon with Years of Experience

+1

It’s important for patients to be comfortable with their choice of plastic surgeon before proceeding with combination breast augmentation /lift surgery. When choosing a surgeon, several issues should be considered. These include the surgeons training, certification and experience.

Completion of a plastic surgery residency is an essential requirement when picking a surgeon. Although it seems obvious that breast lift and augmentation are procedures that should be performed by someone trained in plastic surgery, this isn’t always the case. There are many physicians who perform breast augmentation and lift who haven’t completed plastic surgery training. They frequently refer to themselves as cosmetic surgeons and have trained in a variety of other areas.

Board certification is also extremely important. This means that your surgeon has undergone testing and peer review. He has satisfied certain criteria that are associated with surgical excellence.

One of the most important factors, is your surgeon’s level of experience. Surgeons who have extensive experience with breast augmentation tend to have higher success rates. Equally important is your comfort level with your plastic surgeon. Your plastic surgeon should be someone that you’re comfortable talking to. It’s also a good idea to have consultations with multiple surgeons, so you have a basis for comparison.

Take your time with this very important decision. If you have questions, doubts, or anxiety regarding this issue, don’t proceed until they’re resolved. Remember, breast lift and augmentation are elective procedures and you shouldn’t proceed unless you’re prepared in every way. Picking the right plastic surgeon is one of the most important types of preparation. 

Richard J. Bruneteau, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

Finding a good breast lift with implants surgeon

+1
This is a very common question.  You are already doing well as you are researching your options.  A good place to start is the website of the ASPS and/or ASAPS.  They will be board certified plastic surgeons.  Next, look at their before and after photos.  Best to interview a few surgeons.  Talk about your goals.  Together you will come up with a plan.

Jeffrey Roth, MD

How Do I Choose The Right Plastic Surgeon For My Augmentation Lift?

+1

Thank you for asking the most important question any perspective cosmetic surgery patient can ask.  The basic requirements for your surgeon is that he or she must be Board Certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery or its European equivalent.  In the United States, an inner circle of plastic surgeons who concentrate all or most of their work in cosmetic surgery belong to the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery.  Next, your plastic surgeon needs to be operating in a certified surgery center or hospital and needs to use only certified anesthesiologists. 

Be sure that your plastic surgeon or nurse or patient coordinator asks about who will take care of you the night of surgery.  If your after care is not discussed, then you may be left on your own to deal with post operative questions which truly require medical knowledge. 

Ask to see before and after pictures of various types of breast lifts with implants.  Be sure your plastic surgeon has at least a few patients who have had a lift with augmentation who will be happy to discuss the surgery and recovery with you. 

Once all the above criteria have been met, be sure you feel comfortable with your plastic surgeon and be sure that your plastic surgeon is someone who will take care of you personally if there are any post operative questions, concerns or if something goes wrong.  If you are going to be passed off to a nurse if there is a problem, then get a different plastic surgeon. 

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Best way to find a qualified plastic surgeon who can perform a breast lift and augmentation.

+1

The best way to find a Plastic Surgeon to best perform cosmetic breast surgery is from personal referrrals that are cross referenced with the doctors credentials. Once you think you have found qualified surgeons, google them, review their credentials with the American Board of Plastic Surgery, the Plastic Surgery societies:ASPS and ASAPS, and with the hospital in which they have priviledges. LAstly, be sure that your consultation is thorough and you completely understand your options.

Laurie Casas, MD

Finding the Right Surgeon?

+1

Check with the appropriate  Board of Plastic Surgery  for plastic surgeons appropriately trained and certified. This is a good place to start. Next you valuing the experience level and quality of results by looking at before and after pictures and examining/talking to patients who have had similar procedures performed.

Once you have done enough due diligence research you will feel comfortable with the plastic surgeon you choose.

Credentials for lift/augment

+1

Definitely ascertain that your surgeon is board certified in plastic sugery and will perform the procedure in an accredited facility. The lift/augment involves many decisions including size of implants and surgical technique. Ask lots of questions and stay away from any surgeon who doesn't take your concerns seriously or brushes off any potential complications.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast Lift

+1

There is a variety of methods for accomplishing breast lift. Under the simplest of conditions, when the breasts are small, the insertion of an implant may entirely correct the sagging problem, providing all of the lift necessary. However, if the laxity is too great, removal of excess skin – with or without the simultaneous use of an implant – is the method of choice. There are several techniques to do this. The most frequently used procedure results in a very youthful elevation of the breasts with a fine line scar around the areola and an inverted-T scar below it.

Unless you have come from out-of-town for surgery, are having several procedures performed simultaneously, or have special reasons for requiring overnight care, mastopexy is most often done as an outpatient/day-patient.

Various anesthetic techniques may be used in mastopexy surgery. Under most circumstances, general anesthesia (complete sleep). Occasionally, a technique known as a "thoracic epidural" anesthetic is used. A physician anesthesiologist to provide the safest, most controlled form of anesthesia administers both.

Philippe A. Capraro, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon