How Many Days Before Breast Lift and Augmentation Recovery?

How many days will I need to recover after a breast lift and augmentation? I have a 6-month-old and would like to know if I will need more help. I will have help for a few days at least from my husband. She is a fairly small baby (under 15lbs).

Breast Augmenation Recovery

+2

You will be back to yourself in 3-5 days after surgery.  I ask my patients no heavy lifting, anything over the weight of a milk gallon is heavy, for the first 4 weeks.  After that you may go back to full activity and working out.

Good luck.

3 to 5 days recovery after a breast lift with implant

+2

There are many variables from patient to patient, however the typical patient in my practice is doing what I call "normal daily activities" after 3 days. If you have surgery on a Wednesday, most people would be back at an office job on Monday.

But remember, every patient and every procedure is different. It also depends on your post operative healing which can vary. Discuss your concerns with your surgeon.

Strenuous physical excercise or jogging should be restricted for 2 weeks or more.

Darrick E. Antell, MD

Recovery from Breast Augmentation/Lift

+2

As you have noticed from all the answers given there are variations amongst surgeons for their preferred waiting period before doing any heavy lifting. For a breast augmentation/lift surgeries you will typically feel good in about 3 days or so and be able to drive and return to desk or light duty type of work. Caring for a little child is a bit different. You can typically lift more than 10lbs after about 10-14 days. If you can time your surgery around holidays or some other extended period when your husband can help you out more, then you will not be stressed about caring for your baby. Also, some women have their mom's or other family members come to help them out for about a week or so. After the initial healing period you should be able to care for your baby without any assistance. Every surgery has a recovery period to allow appropriate healing so you can get the best outcome possible. The details always work out as long as you understand the surgery and the restrictions your surgeon recommends. Make sure you discuss your specific situation with your surgeon to get detailed listing of your activity restrictions right after surgery. You will return to your "mom" duties sooner than you think.

Bahram Ghaderi, MD

Most activities are okay 2 to 4 weeks after breast lift and augmentation

+2

As I am sure you can guess, every patient is different and different surgeons have varying activity schedules. In general, within 2 weeks, light aerobic activity can start and progress on into 4 weeks, where typically most activities can be safely undertaken. Child care for a 15 pound infant should not be restricted beyond days to a week if healing is progressing normally.

Hope this helps!

Michael A. Marschall, MD

Recovery after Breast Augmentation/Lifting?

+1

You will receive the most accurate diction of recovery time from your plastic surgeon who knows you and the operation plans much better than any online consultant can.

Generally speaking, based on your description I would suggest that you have help at home for at least one week after surgery.

Recovery after breast implants and lift

+1

You will probably need help for 10 days after the lift/augmentation procedure. You possibly would be able to function as a "Mom" sooner but you will need the backup.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Recovery from breast lift and breast augmentation.

+1

First of all, you have to remember that you are undergoing a real surgical procedure. There is no magic wand to make the changes without having to go through some period of recovery. I think that half of the recovery is physical - your body responding to the surgery. The other half of the recovery is psychological - your attitude and expectations before and after surgery. If you go in with a positive attitude and positive outlook, you are going to recovery faster. You should expect several days of soreness (as if you did 200 pushups) which is easily controlled with medications. Please remember that this is general advice. If you provide pictures we may be able to give you more specific advice depending on the amount of surgery required. I hope this is helpful. Good luck with your surgery.

David Shafer, MD

Post operative recovery and help around the house

+1

These specific instructions should come from your plastic surgeon but I typically ask my patients to not lift, push or pull more than 10 pounds for 6 weeks while they are healing. This is modified as my patients do heal but having help for at least the first week or so is very helpful to give you a smoother recovery. I hope this helps.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS

Activity limitations after breast lift and enlargement with implants.

+1

There is great variation in the postoperative recommendations and restrictions per surgeon. Furthermore the surgical technique or under/over location can also impact the post-operative activity. It is important to discuss this with your surgeon at the time of consultation. Generally, almost all allow unrestricted activity at 3 months. Many allow increased actrivity at 3-4 weeks. Some even at 2 weeks if placed over the muscle.

Breast augmentation

+1

If you have a 15lb baby I am shocked that you had surgery so soon afterwards. I usually tell patients to wait at least 6 mos to 1 year after having a baby to undergo any breast surgery.  Be that as it may, I tell patients not to perform any heavy lifting for about 6 weeks after surgery.