Breast Injections - Using Botox to Lift Breasts

I'm a mom of 3 children and my breasts need augmentation. I found on another Web Site and wanted Dr. opinions about is breast injections for augmentation (vs. breast implants) --> 'The newest treatment in town is Botox. Experts claim that injecting Botox can prevent sagging cleavage to give breasts that desired lift. The whole procedure takes place in a matter of hours. Plus, it’s a lot cheaper. At £1,000, this treatment is described as a one-dose confidence booster for special occasions.'

Botox for a breast lift effect

While I have no personal experience with this technique, I have not seen any convincing scientific publications to prove that this actually works.  Think about it - breast droop happens because the skin stretches out after the supporting ligaments of the breast have become elongated and lax.  To fix it, one has to tighten the skin, elevate the breast tissue or (theoretically) improve the ligamentous support.

There isn't any muscle that pulls down the breast, so there's no reason to inject Botox there.

Sounds like a scam...

Botox is not indicated for Breast Lifts

There is no peer-reviewed medical article that addresses the science and effectiveness and safety of using Botox to help lift sagging breasts. If enough Botox is used to minimize the normal forward pull of the shoulders to help you stand up straighter, that Botox might weaken important extremity muscles making it more difficult to perform important functions of the upper torso or arms. This is against the standard of care. A scientifically-controlled study should be performed, once approved by an internal review board, before this treatment is performed on routine patients.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

I don't think Botox to lift breasts would work

I was at the Carruthers course a few years ago and there was a physician from Mexico who showed pictures with a breast lift on one side with 3 injections of 15u and the other side not done. There was a visible lift but the picture was cut in such a way that I was suspect that she was raising one arm and not the other. I don't believe it, particularly with that much Botox on such a large muscle. We're injection dose like that on much, much smaller muscles in the face. I don't think it would work and you'll waste your money.

Steven F. Weiner, MD

No Botox Lift for breasts

Botox relaxes muscles and is a great tool that is used to decrease dynamic wrinkles. A few years ago, there were reported claims that the material was used to "lift" the breasts. When described, the procedure relies on relaxing the muscles of the chest so that those of the back work unopposed. By doing so, the back becomes slightly straighter and chest is slightly higher than when the shoulders are crouched. There is no true lift. The amount of material is high and truly does not substantiate the claims that there is an actual lift.

Though when used expertly, Botox is safe and even this procedure if the material dose is not high is fine, it just won't help the patient and perhaps may even do harm.

I would not recommend it done.

Hassan Galadari, MD
Dubai Dermatologist

Botox to lift breasts

I have heard of this but do not recommend it. This is an off label use that involves many units administered. More research is necessary before it can be deemed safe and effective.

Botox for a Breast Lift

Botox is absolutely not a viable option for sagging breasts. Please consult with a REPUTABLE, board certified plastic surgeon to discuss tried and true options. Best of luck!

Christine Sullivan, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Botox for breast lift? Uh, No.

Botox relaxes muscles and smooths out wrinkles.  It lasts 3 to 4 months.  Anatomically what he is proposing doesn't make any sense. 

Pass!

Jeffrey Roth, MD

Botox and breast lifts

Botox is a muscle paralyzer only. It is great for facial lines of animation especially in the upper 1/3 of the face.  It will have absolutely no effect on the breasts to lift them.

Botox Breast Lift

Botox CANNOT provide a breast lift.  A breast lift involves removal of excessive skin which can be accomplished only with surgery.  Futhermore, a charge of 1,000 pounds for Botox injection seems excessive.

John Whitt, MD (retired)

BOTOX Cosmetic can lift your eye brows, but not your breasts.

I can tell you with complete confidence that a BOTOX-breast-lift is not a feasible option that could have toxic results. All of the major complications of BOTOX toxicitiy are associated with large doses. This application sounds ridiculous, and could be hazardous to your health.

I hope this is helpful for you.

Eric M. Joseph, MD
West Orange Facial Plastic Surgeon