Breast Implant Size for Skinny or Small Framed Patients?

Hi all Professional Surgeons there, I'm a 32A now, but thinking of going for 200cc or 225cc breast implants. Standing at 1.7 meters and weighing only about 48 kg, I'm skinny, but not very very skinny. Smaller bones I guessed. But with small frame shoulder width, which breast implant size should I go for, 200cc or 225cc? Please advise. Thanks much.

+2

I would recommend the 225 moderate plus profile silicone, in my opinion, given your anatomic description

Implant Selection

+1

Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection to replace an in office exam and good communication with a board certified plastic surgeon.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Breast implant size

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Breast implant size on thin patient

+1

The difference between a 200 and 225 cc implant is very small and therefor of little significance. It has been my experience that patients are eventually happier if they go with the larger size. The best way to decide is to try them on and see how they look. There should not be that much difference.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant sizing

+1

To size you up properly takes a good physical exam and thorough history. Besides measuring your breasts and taking into account skin quality, breast volume, and stretch, a history is important and a discussion of you desires is important. To suggest an implant size without all these factors taken into consideration would be tough.

Breast size

+1

Please see my previous answer regarding choosing breast implants and the way to measure size. Volume has relatively little meaning since there are many different types and styles of implants that give different results with the same volume. You should have a careful and long discussion regarding the dimensional approach to choosing implants and also review all the risks and benefits of each type and size of implants. Implants are simple objects. But the decision of how to use which implants can be complex since often what the patient wants have intrinsic contradictions. You may be one of them if you want significant enargement while staying "natura" because the larger you go the more unnatural you will become because of the natural of your "skinny" anatomy.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD