Can 340cc HP Breast Implants Result to D Cup?

I am currently a saggy, deflated 34B. The breast implants that have been recommended for me is a 340cc HP textured silicone breast implants. Can I realistically expect a D cup from this? I am also doing a periareolar breast lift with this as well. My BWD is 11+ and the tissue is a 2+

Implant Size

+1
There are several factors that plastic surgeons consider when recommending implant sizes. I consider two factors when selecting implants for my patients:

1. Dimensional planning
2. Gel Implant Sizing system

Dimensional planning – The measurements of your chest wall are taken. Also, the breast dimensions including the height, width, and current dimensions of each breast form the basis of dimensional planning. Based on these measurements, the implant size is recommended. This will give you a unique breast implant that is suited for your body frame. However, there are some limitations of what size we can recommend. For instance, some implants may just be too big for a narrow chest wall. Your surgeon can review this with you during the consultation.

Gel Implant Sizing system – During the preliminary breast implant consultation, you will be provided with an option to “try on” a variety of implant shapes and sizes. You can also visualize the possible outcomes of your surgery which helps you to get that perfect size to give you the shape that you longed for. This way your preferences are known and you can then pick a range of implants that will “fit” just right to give a soft natural fuller look. Hope this helps.

Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

Implants for breast lifting

+1

Sizing needs to be done at the office, but w/o seeing you, I am skeptical 340cc will be large enough.

On another note, I stopped doing periareolar lifts years ago for a variety of reasons. If not willing to do a standard mastopexy, then consider a lollipop lift, and why textured as opposed to smooth wall?

Gregory Sexton, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

340 for a D?

+1
Implant sizing at your PS office on more than one occasion is the answer to this question. A certain bra size can never be guaranteed but if you like the breast shape during sizing then you should be happy after surgery. Good luck! Dr K

Mahlon Kerr, MD, FACS

Breast implant size

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Implants and size

+1

It is very hard to predict cup size with implant volume. It varies among patients. One way for you to gauge is by doing a baggy test or place sizers in a bra and see how they look on you.

Breast augmentation and lift with Silicone implants

+1

Very hard to say what a size will do for your individual breasts, but high profile implants combined with a lift will give significant breast projection. A 340 cc implant is a moderate size for a combined lift though a peri-areolar lift sounds like a great option may not be for significant breast sagging, and it has a tendency to flatten the breast. The scars may spread as well. Be careful with this procedure as it is commonly over-used, though rarely delivers the result it sounds you desire.

Andrew P. Trussler, MD

Hard to evaluate details without an exam, but check with a sizer and a bra

+1

While your question is a good one, is very hard to make an assessment of your postoperative appearance without examining you directly. Certainly the size implanted she described and result in a D. cup in a patient with appropriate sized breasts. If you were going to get a lift at the same time as her augmentation or size and shape will be affected by both the increase in volume as well as the difference in shape.

I recommend that you try area size implants S. sizers with her bra in your normal close overlying this to make sure that you're postoperative expectations will be met by the implant that you choose. Remember that implants placed as sizers well off and appear slightly larger than and well one the same implants are used during a breast augmentation. The decision as to the type of implant and operation that you undergo should be one that you were comfortable with after discussing it with your surgeon.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants and cup size.

+1

Hi!

1)  Sounds like a reasonable guess, but your surgeon should use disposable breast implant sizers during your operation to determine best size.

2)  Take a look at link below.

3)  I prefer smooth walled implants.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Breast implant sizing

+1

The best way to determine which bra size you will fill after surgery is to place the implant sizer in a non padded bra while you are wearing it. Whichever bra the sizer fills appropriately is the size bra you are likely to wear after surgery.

Michael Horn, MD

Breast implant size

+1

This is difficult to predict with just these numbers. I would suggest using sizers, the "rice test"  zip lock bags filled with water to simulate the volume. Your surgeon should have these available for trial. Alternatively breast implants sizer kits are available for purchase.