Breast Implant Shape and Placement Advice?

If a surgeon prefers teardrop breast implants over the muscle, will it be difficult for him to place round implants under the muscle? Since under the muscle is not his preferred way, I am not sure if I should trust him. I only had a phone consultation with this surgeon and he explained why he prefers teardrop implants over the muscle. After an other consultation (face to face) with another surgeon, I was told that I should go under due to lack of tissue. Should I choose a surgeon that prefers to place implants under the muscle or this is no big deal for you surgeons? The price differs by 2,000 Euro; Malta vs Germany.

Round vs. Anatomic shape implant - choices

+1

It really depends upon you shape if  you were to choose a round vs. an anatomic shape implant.  If you have a well formed breast just insufficient volume then you would do well with a round implant.   From the shape of your breast you will do fine with either implant.  Vectra 3 D imaging is a great educational too which helps patients visualize the difference between all of the implant choices  > 500 types and sizes.  Your plastic surgeon will help you decide which is the best implant based on your anatomy and preferences for shape and size. Atlanta Plastic Surgeon, Dr. Z

Choice of implants and surgery

+1

I think that the best thing for you would be to get an evaluation in person and speak to the doctor directly. 

Breast Surgery at Cost

+1

You should not let the cost sway you one way or the other. You need to see the surgeon and talk to him or her face to face and not over the phone. Only then can you make a wise decision.

I can tell you though that most surgeons these days do not place implants in fron of the muscle completely. And most surgeon do not place tear drop implants unless you are talking about a particular silicone cohesive implant. Even then placement behind the muscle is more advisable for many reasons, especially for someone who has very thin tissue.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD

Teardrop implant over the muscle versus smooth round silicone implant under the muscle

+1

There are many nuances to surgery that are difficult to relate to a paitent. I would never try to coerce a surgeon into doing a surgery that they do not recommend. I would recommend that you do a little reading and determine which approach best suits your needs and then discuss it one last time with the srugeon of your choice.