Lose Weight Before Breast Implant Revision?

I have gained 80 lbs since having my 800 cc breast implants. Back then I was a double D. I just want them removed until I lose weight and then will get a more reasonable size. Would you recommend I lose weight first? They are really causing me issues due to their size.

VIDEO (click here for link) se Weight Before Breast Implant Revision?

+1

You will get several different opinions here but I would advise implant removal to assess skin and breast shrinkage as you lose weight. At the completion of weight loss it may be then easier to diecide if you need a lift or implant at all.

Weight loss and implants

+1

I think that you are better off losing the weight first, and then decide how you want to proceed with your breasts.  You may need a smaller implant and a lift.

Simply downsizing breast implants may be the way to go

+1

800 cc implants are indeed large for the average breast augmentation patient. However, if you have had them in for a while, your breast skin most likely has stretched to accomodate the implants. If you remove them, you may be left with very saggy breasts. Consider downsizing them first.

Kevin Brenner, MD, FACS

Comfort should allow you to reshape your body.

+1

Weight gain of 80lbs will translate to increased volume of your breasts and that certainly means that your back and shoulders will be taking the load. I agree with the other consultants that explantation, for the present, will probably assist you in being more active and thus being able to loose the weight you need to. As you loose weight, your breast shape may also change, so you may have to consider a lift in conjunction with an implant. However once you feel better about being fitter, your outlook on your breasts will undoubtedly be better. Good luck.

Lavinia Chong, MD

800 cc implants

+1

Jennifer-

Not knowing your height and total weight, I think an 800 cc implant (1.6 liters combined...almost a 2 liter beverage bottle!) on either side or your chest is a very large implant and agree that removal would benefit your weight loss efforts. Also, these implants most likely have "stretched" your breast skin and tissue...which may sag immediately after removal. I would allow at least a year of exercise and shrinkage to occur prior to replacement...if your tissue and skin does not contract, a lift at the time of augmentation might be a great option!

I hope this helps!

Dr. C

John Philip Connors III, MD

Go ahead and have them removed.

+1

800 cc implants are quite large and heavy.  I would recommend that you take them out and live with the aesthetic consequences until you have achieved your weight goal.  With the weight of the implants off your chest, you will find exercise (and weight loss) easier.