Breast Implants for C Cup Breasts After Reduction?

I am 5'2, 115 lbs, and 21 years old. I have huge 34DD breasts. I am very active and enjoy staying fit, although it's difficult for me to be able to do all the things I enjoy because of back problems. I got approval from the insurance company to get a breast reduction, but they have requirements on how much they will need to reduce. They want to make me into a small or medium B cup. I won't like my body too much if I went from DD to small B, so I'm wondering if it's possible to get  breast implants after my reduction to have medium or large C cup breasts?

Planning for an augmentation after an over-reduction? Surely you jest!

+1

You have got to be kidding!  You would allow a surgeon to over-reduce your breasts just so insurance will pay for your reduction and then you will get implants???????

Why don't you pay for the reduction yourself and then your surgeon can do what is right for YOU and not what the insurance company dictates.  You will end up saving money in the long run because breast implants almost always need to be replaced eventually.  And you will not be subjected to any of the problems that can occur with breast implants - leakage, rupture, capsular contracture, malpostion, etc.

This very issue of insurance meddling is one of many reasons I have not contracted with any third party payers for almost ten years.  And I still do a lot of reductions and get the size that serve my patients' needs and desires, not Insurance Cartel.

Web reference: http://www.sowdermd.com

Breast implant sizing

+1

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Web reference: http://www.poustiplasticsurgery.com/choosing-your-size.htm

+1

Yes it is possible and sometimes one of the better methods to achieve a smaller breast with upper fullness.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/breast-surgery-chicago/breast-enlargement/

Breast reduction

+1

With double D breasts, and with yoru height and weight, you are probably realistically going to be reduced into a C'ish cup or slightly bigger.

Do not make breasts too small with breast reduction.

+1

Hi.

Many women have your dilemma, and the system is really awful. But it it is not in your best interests to have a radical breast reduction and then have breast implants.

If you really cannot afford a proper breast reduction, try the plastic surgery clinic of a teaching hospital. There, the residents do the surgery under supervision, and it is usually a safe environment. In New York City, we train residents and fellows at Lenox Hill Hospital, and they do a very good job. And the expense is minimal.

Breast reduction and implants

+1

I would not recommend having implants placed at the time of a breast reduction for the sole purpose of allowing your surgeon to remove enough volume for the insurance company. Not only will this potentially create issues with the blood supply to your breasts and nipples, it would be considered fraud if your surgeon tried to get the insurance company to pay for the implants or time required to place them. I would recommend having the breast reduction done to reduce you to the size you want, but just prepared that you may have to pay out of pocket if the insurance company decides that enough tissue was not removed from the breasts. In some cases, they will request a copy of the operative report or pathology report to verify that the stated amount was in fact removed. Good luck, /nsn.

Breast augmentation right after breast reduction

+1

Hi,

You're not the first patient to ask this question. Ultimately, though, you're asking if it's possible to enlarge the breasts after first making them too small. Clearly, a better option is not to make them too small to begin with.

How can that be accomplished? Find out exactly how many grams your insurance company is requiring your surgeon to remove. Insurance companies do not specify what cup size you must be at the completion of your procedure; they only state how many grams must be removed. If your surgeon is convinced that you'll end up with a B cup, and that's not acceptable to you, a better option is to undergo a reduction mammaplasty and not remove as much weight as dictated by your insurance provider. Although that means that you will have to pay out-of-pocket for the expenses of surgery, you'll have a more natural, more aesthetic, and longer lasting result than if you remove too much tissue and then stick in implants.

Hope this helps. Best of luck.

Breast implants AFTER Breast Reduction to get C cup breasts

+1

As long as you expect your insurance company to pay the bill you and your Plastic surgeon MUST play by their rules. Many companies have purposefully raised the amount of breast tissue that must be removed per breast to VERY high weights. This was done to restrict the use of Breast Reduction ONLY by women with huge breasts but leaves out a lot of women who COULD symptomatically benefit from the operation BUT who, like you, do not want to essentially have modified modified mastectomies.

IT MAKES NO SENSE to consider, much less do what you propose. Although implants in theory, could be placed after a reduction, there will not be enough loose skin to put a sizeable implant (inviting wound tension and separation issues) and more importantly, the blood supply to the nipple complex may be compromised (IE you could end up with a dead nipple and areola).

The care and attempted repair of such complications would be MUCH costlier and longer than if you just paid out of YOUR pocket NOW to have a "cosmetic" reduction. In this procedure, the surgeon will remove the smaller, more appropriate amount of breast tissue and you are more likely, FROM THE START, to end up with the result you want.

THINK ABOUT IT.

Good Luck.

Breast Implants to improve too small of a reduction

+1

Yes, a certain amount of tissue may need to be removed, but it can be skillfully shaped at the same time. If in the event , they are too flat, Implants later are possible. Please discuss these options with your surgeon before undertaking the procedure

Montclair Plastic Surgeon

Just have Breast Reduction to the size you want

+1

Don't let your insurance company dictate what procedure would be best for you. I know we all want our insurance to cover our needs, but it sounds like a moderate reduction would serve you best. To remove excess natural tissue and place implants just to satisfy your insurance company would be ridiculous.

Have your Plastic Surgeon do the correct removal and leave you the right size that will eliminate your symptoms. If this leaves you at a C as you desire, great. Submit the bill as normal to the company and see what happens. If they deny your claim, have your doctor submit a challenge letter. If that doesn't work, submit a complaint letter the Insurance Commission for your state. Be specific and you will find the insurance company will come around.

Good luck and do what is right for you.