Breast Implants After Reduction to Improve Breast Shape?

I had a breast reduction 5 years ago. Before the reduction I wore a 38E bra and I now wear a 38C. I had the breast reduction because, being a previous lymphoma survivor, I was scared that having too much breast tissue might put me at risk of getting breast cancer. The problem is that my breasts now have no shape. I really want to have breast implants in the near future, but I didn't know if that  is possible. Could you please tell me what type I should get and if they should be under/over the muscle?

Breast Implants After Breast Reduction

+2

Breast reduction surgery is a wonderful surgery to alleviate many of the symptoms of large breasts, such as back pain, shoulder grooving and skin irritation underneath the breast crease. However, some of the older techniques of breast reduction resulted in smaller breasts without much fullness or shape. Most women want a smaller breast, but not to lose a feminine shape.

Thus, we have increasingly seen a number of patients who come to the office years later complaining of an "over-reduction" and loss of youthful breast shape. Fortunately, adding an implant is a great solution to this problem and it can be performed in a variety of ways usually through your existing scars.
Determining the type, size and location of your implants is a relatively complicated decision that should be performed only after a full physical examination by your plastic surgeon. Often this will involve measurements and an opportunity for you to "size" the implants to help make an educated choice. I recommend consulting with several board certified plastic surgeons in your area to get a professional opinion that will help you reach your aesthetic goals.
Vincent Marin, MD

Breast implants after reduction

+1

Breast implants may very well improve your shape after a breast reduction that is five years old.  An exam would be critical.

Breast implants or augmentation after Breast reduction

+1

Yes, it is possible and I have done this before, In order to get the best projection,you may want to consider high profile implants over the muscle. However, I would not make a formal recommendation without an examination and measurements and discussion of the risk alternatives and benefits.

I am including a video of a patient who underwent this procedure. She is the first patient. She underwent augmentation after a reduction but the implants dropped to low and required a revision to lift them to the proper height.