Breast Implants on Someone with Pigeon Chest?

I have pigeon chest and I'm looking to have breast implants. Other than that, I have recently lost some weight. My breasts are only mildly ptotic, but they look 'deflated.' I wear a 34B but still have some breast tissue. I also have thin, stretched out skin on the tops of my breasts. I was thinking maybe high profile anatomical implants would fill up my breasts better and suit my chest structure. I don't mind my 'divergent' type breasts, I just want to re-fill the lost volume and look natural and perky while 'softening' the appearance of my protruding 'bony' chest. Should I go over or under the muscle?

VIDEO (click here for link) Breast Implants on Someone with Pigeon Chest?

+1

I would recommend high profile with submuscular placement of implants. It is quite possible that your implants will move laterally with time.

Breast implants

+1

A physical exam is key in figuring out what is best for you.  If you do not have alot of breast volume, under the muscle may be better. 

Breat implants in pigeon chest

+1

Although your description of your breasts seem to favor a sumbmuscular implnat, the actual location and any associated procedures (such as mastopexy) should only be determined after a thorough consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon. You should express your goals and expectations (as far as size and shape) and get a thorough physical examination. Only after the examination can your surgeon tell you what your options are relative to your goals and expectations, whether you are realistic or not, and what his/her recommendations would be fore incision site, location of the implant, associated procedures, saline or silincone, etc. Be sure to ask about the potential risks and complications of the procedure and long term expectations (i.e life of the implants, mammograms, breast cancer, pregnancy, weight gain and loss, etc.)

Theodore Katz, MD, FACS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Over or under the muscle in a pigeon chest (pectus carinatum)

+1

Depending on the degree of laxity you have in your breast tissue and how much volume increase you are looking for will determine what procedure you will need. If your breasts are lax enough that your nipples sit lower on your breasts, a breast lift may be of benefit. I prefer implant placement partially below the muscle, especially in a thinner woman. I believe this gives a more natural shape with less chance of implant rippling. You should schedule a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you and then make educated suggestions about what procedure and implant size will help you achieve your goal. I hope this helps.

Dr Edwards

Michael C. Edwards, MD, FACS