Possible to Get Larger Breast Implants Without Fake Look?

I was a 34A (if not less) before my Breast Augmentation 2 years ago. I got 320CC cohesive gel implants that brought me to a 34C (not full). I now wish I could have gone larger! I want to be a 34D (full). I am now considering the same implant with 550 CCs. Is that too big for me? I do not want the fake look, just a larger size of what I am now. I look very, very natural now and would not like to destroy that. Is it possible to go larger without obtaining a fake look? I am 5'4 and 135 lbs.

Larger breast implants without the fake look

+3

"I look very, very natural now and would not like to destroy that." - Breast Augmentation should NOT be like an All-You-Can-Eat salad bar but more like a smart game of Blackjack.

The choice of the ideal implant should not be the biggest implant a surgeon can physically stuff in your chest - but rather smartly choosing the implant that would be best covered by your present breast tissue AND which would be able to stay on your chest plateau without falling sideways and do constant battle with your arms.

It SOUNDS like the implants you have now are just that. If you have a great result, view it as your having a 20 in Blackjack. Once you go for a different size, you may bust and lose this result forever.

"Is it possible to go larger without obtaining a fake look?" - What goes for a "fake look" varies enormously across this country and across the world. Personally, I know that the larger the implant, the faster the breasts will sag, the higher the chance of nipple numbness, the higher the incidence of stretching of the areolae, the more pressure the implants will exert on the breast tissues causing them to waste away(atrophy) revealing more of the implant ripples.

So why go there? Take your "20" and enjoy it!

Natural Breast can be created with implants and communication between surgeon and patient is key

+2

It is definitely possible to have a very natural look after breast augmentation. It is vital that the surgeon and patient communicate the expected outcome that the patient "visualizes", so this can be discussed in terms of a realistic result. I always tell patients that I need to know "what is in their mind", what they see as "natural", what they visualize as a "C cup of D cup", etc. I don't want to "guess" or "assume" what my patient wants. I use computer imaging, photographs and drawings as direct visual aids, so we can plan the operation and proceed to the OR with a "known" -- of what we both want to accomplish through the efforts of the surgery. Truly, my patient population, consists of very intelligent woman who want to look natural, full-yes, but natural, and not overdone or perverse. There are different body shapes, different breast shapes, and several different breast implant contours, so intelligent decisions can be made based on these factors, couples with individual measurements of the patient's chest and breast, which I personally document prior to every breast augmentation. Yes, it is possible to have a very natural result after breast augmentation!

Christine Petti, M.D., F.A.C.S.

Christine A. Petti, MD

Breast augmentation without the fake look

+2

Hi Queenbm - If you go up another 200cc and considering your height and size, you may get the fake look. However, after 2 years you may have stretched out your skin enough that 550cc may not be so large for you. It's difficult to determine without seeing you, but take some 200cc implant samples, place them in you bra, and see if the added amount gives you a look that you don't like. This is a rough estimate, but it may help. Good luck and thank you for your question.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD

Your breasts will look fake with 550 cc implants.

+2

Don't do it!  Very large breast implants really look fake, stretch your skin, and age very badly.

Sounds like you have a nice result.  Maybe you should leave your breasts alone.  Or you could go a little larger.  400cc's?

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Larger breast implants look more fake

+2

If you stayed in a moderate profile and had the chest wall width to accomodate a bigger implant, you could do it and still look reasonably natural.  If you need to go up in profile to a moderate plus or high profile, you will be more unnatural looking by going larger.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Enlarging implants

+1

It is hard to say whether or not the volume you selected would be best to reach the desired size and how they woudl finally look.. You can do a baggy test or try sizers on to see how the volume fits in a bra for you.  But the larger you go the faker they will appear.

Natural breast augmentation

+1

It is possible that you could achieve a natural look with larger breast implants. Many offices have bras that you can try on and decide which size you would be most pleased with. Keep in mind that everyone’s body is different and that removal and replacement of your current breast implants is usually more expensive than the original breast augmentation. Discuss you best options with your surgeon.

Joseph G. Bauer, MD
Alpharetta Plastic Surgeon

Larger implants without fake look

+1

From your description about your height and weight, it may be possible for you to go to a 550cc gel implant and still have a natural look. But you definately need to be evaluated by your doctor to be certain, because many factors will determine how natural you can look with a larger size implant. If you have enough soft tissue naturally, you have a better chance of maintaining a natural look. You should keep in mind that the diameter of the implant should not exceed the width of your natural breast, and your doctor can help you with that.

Amy T. Bandy, DO, FACS
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant size

+1

The final outcome of your breast augmentation surgery depends heavily upon the shape of your breasts to begin with. Meaning, if you have a nice, natural shape before surgery, you will end up with a natural result after surgery. However, if you go too large with your implant selection, this can ultimately lead to an unnatural appearnance and more complications in the future. Larger implants will sag more as you age and potentially require more surgical revisions than smaller implants.

Please discuss your desires and the realistic expectations based on your current skin/breast tissue with a board certified plastic surgeon prior to increasing the size of your breast implants.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Going Larger

+1

Anytime you go larger for your frame you are going to look fake. Now I dont know how tall you are and how much you weigh, but given your bra size 34A I would say you are on the narrow side.

550 cc is a big implant and it really depends on how much room you body has and how wide your breast are on your chest. So without an exam and measurements it is a shot in the dark to tell you how you would look.

You really need to meet with a board certified plastic surgeon to go over things in detail.

Good luck.

Farbod Esmailian, MD