Full, Round Breast Implants for a Petite Woman?

I just turned 18 and I want to get breast implants. I am a size 32 A and 5 feet tall. I am very petite and do not have a lot of breast tissue. What is the biggest size implants I can get without looking out of proportion with the rest of my body? I was thinking of possibly going to a full B cup size. Could I go bigger? Also, would silicone or saline be better? I would want them to be round and full so I would have a good amount of cleavage. Thanks!

Breast implant size

+2

It is very important to communicate your size goals with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Larger Breast Implants are Possible For Petite Women

+2

Your implant size will be based on a number of factors:

1. Your chest measurements. The base diameter of the breast is an important measurement and gives the surgeon information on what will fit properly
2. Your shoulders and Torso appearance. Women with more square shoulders and thinner waists can carry a somewhat larger implant
3. The length of your waist. A longer distance between your breasts and your hips means you can go slightly larger
I allow women to try on the implants during the consultation to give them an idea how the size would look in clothing. This seems to really help in the decision making process
In general I believe thinner more petite women get a better more life like result with a silicone implant since there is less of you covering the implant.
I believe depending on the above points, you could easily look very good and natural with a small C cup size breast after augmentation. Often women wish they had gone bigger a few months after surgery, so if it comes down to a couple of choices, choose the larger of the two. I would also consider a more high profile implant to avoid looking to wide across the chest

David L. Mobley, MD, FACS
Sarasota Plastic Surgeon

Smaller breast implants are better.

+2

Hi!

1) We see this question so often that I tried to answer it in the breast augmentation page of my web site. See link below.

2) Full B cup sounds about right. You don't want to look fake.

3) Silicone implants, in general, give better results.

4) It is your surgeon's responsibility to pick the best implants for you.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Hi profile implants may be your best choice for breast augmentation

+2

Given your frame and size, I think high profile implants would be your best bet. You can easily obtain a large B cup and usually you can go larger. Obviously, a lot depends on your tissues and how pliable they are. You are not eligible for silicone implants until age 22, so if you are going to do this at age 18, then high profile saline implants would be the choice. In our Santa Rosa breast augmentation practice, we have quite a few 18 and 19 year-old patients who are petite like you and who have chosen high profile saline breast implants with a good result. Consult with a board-certified plastic surgeon to get all your questions answered. Good luck.

Francisco Canales, MD
Santa Rosa Plastic Surgeon

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

Thin female for breast implants

+1

Based on your description , you could easily be a B cup or larger. You should consult with a PS and try on sizers to determine your optimal size. I think if you go bigger then a D cup you might be out of proportion. I would recommend placing silicone implants under the muscle via an incision of your choice. Don't try saline, you are too thin and will have a good chance of rippling.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Breast implants for an 18 year old.

+1

Your question can only be answered after a careful interview and examination.  You and your surgeon should discuss what you think you would like and it always helps to bring photos.  He/she can examine you and take some measurements and come up with a range of implants that will fit your chest.  Make sure you have a chance to "try on" some implants to see how a particular size looks with the rest of you. 

And as far as size is concerned, don't get hung up on implant volume or cup size.  All that really matters is that you have a nice result that you are happy with and enhances your figure.

As for silicone gel implants, you need to be 22 to get those unless you have a congenital breast deformity.  Why 22?  You'll have to ask the FDA!

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Breast implant size for petite woman

+1

I rarely if ever recommend anything larger than a 300 cc implant for petite woman (size 0 or 1) under 5'5" tall.  usually in the range of 250 - 275 cc.  Try them on before surgery to get an idea of how they will look once implanted.

Mark A. Schusterman, MD

Breast implant size and type and patient age

+1

It is possible you could get a  C cupped sized breast augmentation.  Your plastic surgeon would need to examine you to see if you have a reasonable frame and proper tissue elasticity to allow this.  With regard to saline or silicone implants, you would have to wait until your 22 for silicone per FDA ruling.  However you could have a breast augmentation at age 18 with saline implants.

Vincent D. Lepore, MD
San Jose Plastic Surgeon

VIDEO (click here for link) Full, Round Breast Implants for a Petite Woman?

+1

AT 18 you can only receive saline implants. Depending on your breast diameter and soft tissue characteristics, I would choose a moderate plus implant with a width no greater than your BWD.