What is the Average Breast Implants Cost in Southwest Florida?

Price should be your last consideration in cosmetic surgery

+4

One of the biggest problems in cosmetic surgery is the fact that patients desperately want to cling to the total misconception that they can have the same result from whatever surgeon they go to who will give them the lowest price.

Just today, I saw a patient to whom I recommended a tummy tuck 4 years ago. I had done one on her best friend and her result is prominently displayed on my web site. Unfortunately, this new patient decided to go to another doctor (an ob-gyn!) who would do her tummy tuck for $3000 less. Now she returns with a horrible result and will need an entire re-do which will now cost her more than it would have to have just gotten it right in the first place. At least I can fix her problem. Yesterday, I saw 2 patients with drastically overdone abdominal liposuction results done by other doctors whose results cannot be repaired.

For your own sake, take these lessons and stop making the price the first priority in your research for cosmetic surgery.

Price for breast implants

+2

You can find the general pricing for that region on this site. You should never make your determination for cosmetic surgery based only on price. Many who go for the cheap end up spending much more in the long run to correct what has been done improperly.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Worry about your SAFETY and your chances of being HAPPY first, and price second...

+2

I completely agree with Dr. Rand... At least twice a month I see a patient who now needs expensive, corrective surgery to repair disfigurement sustained in a previous procedure performed by someone with inferior training or experience chosen because they offered an attractive price. Just a few days ago in Florida, there was another death (!), this time after a patient had a facelift performed by a non-board certified surgeon who offered a quickie procedure at low cost. I bet that patient and her family wish she could take that decision back... Please read the following article I wrote for RealSelf recently, and please be careful with your health and happiness!

By far the most common question I am asked is the question of cost. Especially in today's world, this is obviously an important consideration, but the implication in most of these inquiries is that the person asking the question is not interested in anything else, unless his or her sense of having found a great price is satisfied.

This is very disturbing, on many levels. Whether it be a lawyer, an architect, or an engineer, you would expect to pay a bit more for a professional with a top-notch education, excellent training, and lots of experience who does quality work and has a reputation for treating people fairly. You would also think that most people understand that insisting on these qualities in a plastic surgeon is particularly important, considering that you will be putting your health and safety (to say nothing of your sense of beauty and personal satisfaction) in their hands.
Of course it is hard to blame the public, bombarded as we are by the constant media message that you can have it (!) and cheap!!
It is axiomatic that you generally get what you pay for in life, and also that if you search hard enough for something (like a bargain price) you will generally find it.
I guess my message to people interested in plastic surgery is that you should be searching for lots of things (price being just one of them--and not the most important one).
So, all that being said, how would a person best be able to cut through all the marketing mumbo jumbo and find the surgeon most likely to help them achieve their satisfaction?
What we're really trying to get to the bottom of is, how do you maximize your chances of getting the outcome you want, with safety, and a comfortable and pleasant experience?
First of all, it is important to understand that while your chosen surgeon is probably the most important factor in achieving the above, there are other important considerations as well.
Find a surgeon you really like FIRST. Too many patients search for a price they like, or for a surgeon who is willing to do a certain procedure on them (whether it is really in their best interests or not). First and foremost, you should be looking for a quality education, top-notch training in plastic surgery, with board certification BY THE AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY (there are many "boards", but only certification by The American Board of Plastic Surgery ensures that the surgeon has undergone the years of plastic surgery specific training and examination you want). Provided the surgeon has these qualifications, it is important that you like them and feel you can get along well with them--you are, after all, entering into an important relationship.
If these two criteria are satisfied, it's time to evaluate his/her work and expertise... ask to see examples of his/her work, and maybe even to talk to some former patients. They will be best able to tell you what it was like to be cared for by this surgeon. Whatever you do, remember that quality professional treatment (whether by a plastic surgeon, an architect, or any other professional) will carry a price appropriate for the surgeon's level of training and expertise.
Once you have found a surgeon you like, it is important to know about THE FACILITY, and who will be providing your ANESTHESIA. Having a great surgeon won't matter if the facility is less than safe, or if your anesthesia provider is under-qualified or suspect. Most good surgeons make sure the facilities and anesthesia providers they use are reputable, but this is not always the case, particularly as surgeons have scrambled (like everyone else) to save money in these more difficult times. It is very important that the facility is certified by either the JCAHO or AAAASF. These regulatory bodies inspect facilities for safety and cleanliness, as well as verifying the training of the personnel involved in your care.
Your anesthesia provider can be a qualified nurse anesthetist, or an anesthesiologist (a doctor of anesthesia). My personal opinion is that the additional cost of having an anesthesiologist present and managing your care is more than worth it.
So there it is--research the surgeon, the facility, the anesthesiologist, and get a feel for the surgeon's work and manner with his/her patients. You'll be glad you went to all this trouble in the long run!

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Fees in Southwest Florida

+1

The most important decision that you make in cosmetic surgery is the selection of your surgeon.  The fees are a little more in Southwest Florida than across the state as there are fewer surgeons.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

What is the Average Breast Implants Cost in Southwest Florida

+1

Silicone vs saline, general vs local, Hospital vs office, nurse anesthetist vs MD.....??? Depending on several factors this can vary from 4000 USD to 10000 USD

Saline implants

+1

The fee for breast augmentation certainly varies around the country.  I am not sure what they are in Florida but in NYC for saline it is probably between $7000-$10,000.

Cost of Breast Implants

+1

The cost of breast implants is dependent on the type of anesthesia, type of surgical procedure and procedure time, surgery center fees, and professional fees. On average, saline breast implants cost $6500 to $8500 in the United States.

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS

Cost of Implants in Southwest Florida?

+1

Since I live in Miami, I can give you a good guess. For Saline implants under the muscle (subpectorally) fees range from $3500 to $4500. For Silicone implant again under the muscle from $5000 to $6500.

These are global fee quotes or TOTAL out of pocket $, except for mammograms and post operative medications.

Hope this helps.