Breast Augmentation a Week After Accutane?

I have taken Accutane for 7 days and are considering to have breast augmentation in a week. What do you recommend?

Accutane and Breast augmentation

+1

The issue with Accutane is that it can impair wound healing specifically in skin that has been treated chemically with peels or with lasers.  It should not impact breast augmentation.

Accutane and breast augmentation

+1

You should not suffer any ill effects by having a breasst augmentation after using accutane. The concern with accutaine is usually if the skin is treated with a laser or peel.

John P. Stratis, MD
Harrisburg Plastic Surgeon

Should be fine

+1

As the other doctors have said, your treatments are more relevant for skin treatments like peels (laser, chemical, etc.).  For a BAM, you should be fine, but share all medical information with your doctor.

Scott E. Kasden, MD

Accutane and cosmetic surgery

+1

Accutane is a pretty hefty medicine, and it can affect your ability to heal after any procedure. Facial peels should be avoided for one year after Accutane, and I would also apply this to any other cosmetic procedure. This way, you know that you will be minimizing your wound healing risks. Good luck!

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Acutane and breast surgery

+1

Acutane is a powerful  drug which can negativly effect  wound healing.  I would postpone any ELECTIVE surgery for at least 6 mos. please refer to my previous postings about this.

Barry H. Dolich, MD
Bronx Plastic Surgeon

I would not worry

+1

The accutane mostly affects wound healing especially if you have a peel or dermabrasion. For routine surgery, I don't worry about when you stop accutane.

William B. Rosenblatt, MD

When to operate after stopping accutane

+1

This is controversial. Certainly you should wait for any procedure requiring healing on the top surface of the skin and physicians advise a minimum of 6 months to 2 years. In regards to deeper surgical procedures, this is more controversial. Dermatologists typically advise 6 months while plastic surgeons may operate sooner. Individual opinions will vary.

Please hold off on your surgery

+1

Frankly, I would wait on the augmentation. Current recommendations are no surgery for 6 months after your last Accutane ingestion. Accutane can dramtically alter your wound healing and undergoing elective surgery while in treatment is not a good idea.

Robert Steely, MD